Salad after surgery? When....I miss it!

Peggy F.
on 11/14/12 1:35 am - Whitby, Canada

I am totally missing salad.  I'm 7 weeks post op.  Can I try it?

NancySheedy
on 11/14/12 2:09 am

Hi Peggy:  I am 6 weeks post op today.  I have maybe a 1/2 cup of salad.  The only thing you have to be careful to get eat enough protein in your day.  Sure not like eating a plate of salad.  I feel so much better than I did before.

Peggy F.
on 11/14/12 3:11 am - Whitby, Canada

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your response.  Ok...so you have salad....that's great news.  I really miss it.  Of course, it will never be like before....having a monster salad!  lol

Glad you are feeling better.  Have you had a good weight loss? 

Laura H.
on 11/14/12 2:10 am - Canada

Hi, I am 8 weeks post op and have started eating salad.  My pouch has accepted everything I have eaten and I have had no problems with any food.  The only things I have not eaten is roast beef and bread.  Bread I can do without.  Since surgery I have no desire to eat beef and prefer chicken, turkey, or fish.  Go figure.  Before I was a beef eater.  For lunch today, I had salad, a few croutons, and turkey.  It has been by far the best meal since my surgery.  Good luck!

Laura H.

Peggy F.
on 11/14/12 3:15 am - Whitby, Canada

Hi Laura,

Ok....so we seem to be fairly close in weight and surgery date....within a few.  I would also love the salad you described.  How much did you eat.  Is iceberg lettuce ok?  I know it doesn't have the most nutrition compared to other lettuces but it's my favourite. 

Yeah....meat can be tricky for me too.  I have had a few vomiting sessions.....yuk! 

Laura H.
on 11/14/12 5:48 am - Canada

I have had both romaine and iceburg lettuce.  I weighed mine and it was about 58 grams.  I think it was a bit too much for lunch today though.  It is 3 1/2 hours later and I am still full.  Next time I will not eat so much and cut down on the croutons too.  But it was good.  I was surprised how many carbs the romaine lettuce had.

Laura H.

NorthernStar
on 11/14/12 3:40 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I had salad about 5 weeks post op and was fine. Follow your center's advice though.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

time2changeme
on 11/14/12 3:57 am

Where did you have your surgery Peggy?

Mine was in Guelph and following their guidelines it's no salad or raw vegetables for 3 months.

Peggy F.
on 11/14/12 4:13 am - Whitby, Canada

I had mine at Humber.  I've misplaced my folder of info so I can't recall exactly when it's ok.  I haven't had any raw vegs yet....just in case.

Laura H.
on 11/14/12 5:50 am - Canada

I had mine at Humber too.  I have had cucumbers, carrots, and lettuce for raw veggies.  Our manual says we can have them after we have tried a good variety of foods and out tummy tolerates them.  I have been fine so I tried the raw veggies and have had no problems.  I chew the carrots really well though.

Laura H.

Most Active
Recent Topics