A poopy question

karenbean
on 11/18/12 6:15 pm

I had surgery on the 15th I have lots of gas but have not had a poop yet . When should this start to happen???

JJ_
on 11/18/12 6:27 pm

I had my first bowel movement the afternoon that I was home from the hospital.  I came home in the morning around 11, had lunch and then a big nap.  When I woke up I felt pressure and headed off to the bathroom.....TADA!! 

I have not had issues with not needing to go, but with it being too hard.  A nightly serving of prunes works for me.

Good luck with your first bowel movement.

Judy

msheavyhearted
on 11/18/12 7:14 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

It took me a week. I didn't feel constipated at all. I chalked it up to the liquid diet I was on. I've been one of the lucky ones, I guess. I've not had issues with pooping through this whole process - even on Opti. If you're feeling bloated or constipated you might want to take care of it. If you feel fine and are on a liquid diet you are likely ok.

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/12 8:07 pm - Straford, Canada

The narcs they serve us at the hospital bind me up like a plane during a baggage handler's strike!  MOM was what started me after three doses and BOY was I ready to move by then (about four days post RNY and same post Gallbladder).  There is a sugar free formulation, the pills they sent me home with were a stool softner and that's only of value once you start moving.  Heal well! kiss

karenbean
on 11/18/12 9:21 pm

Thanks the info was helpful. I feel fine so I will not worry about it.

shrinkingeve
on 11/18/12 9:31 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

The day we were discharged I asked Dr Riache about this because it is always an issue with me and compounded (no pun intended) with any type of pain meds and surgery etc. She suggested I get some ratio* Lactulose I picked some up and it is sooooooooooooooo sweet ack! So I am doing small amounts of MOM now to try and get things moving but guess what? I finally started passing some of the gas! I am trying to stay on top of things not wait until there is an issue or problem.

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

Feel free to contact me for details or add me on facebook: "Evie Katt"

Most Active
Recent Topics