OT Rant: My Honey drives me crazy sometimes!

Sirene
on 12/17/12 10:45 am - Ottawa, Canada

You know I love my Honey and he is always supportive but sometimes he just says things that make me want to punch him in the throat!

I have been wavering on signing up for a half marathon clinic that starts in February. I am trying to get up the nerve to do it but I can find a million reasons to talk myself out of it. Basically I am terrified....it will take me until February to psych myself up for it.

So as I was browsing the Running Room website, my honey asked me what I was doing and I told him. He said, " Well you already know how to run. Why do you have to pay to go to a running class??"

I realized at that moment that he just doesn't get it and spending the energy to try to explain, especially while I was still mad, just wasn't happening.

I just find that I can't talk to him about stuff like this. He just doesn't understand.

When he saw I was mad, he said...well go ahead and take the clinic if you want but I just don't see the point.

No, Honey I know you don't see the point. That *IS* the point

Ugh!!

ok rant over. I'm done now.

Jennifer  

Monica M.
on 12/17/12 10:50 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

i'm wavering about doing a half marathon (and the lead up clinic), mine starts in January. my hubby knows i need the structure of a group tho.

hugs friend. which half mar are you thinking of?

Sirene
on 12/17/12 10:51 am - Ottawa, Canada

May Race Weekend

Jennifer  

Monica M.
on 12/17/12 11:22 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

cool. I'm doing (maybe) the Huronia Half.

Sirene
on 12/17/12 8:20 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I still wanna do the zombie thing though!!

Jennifer  

Monica M.
on 12/17/12 9:51 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

me too!!!

Sirene
on 12/18/12 10:58 am - Ottawa, Canada

ok its a date!!

Will it be happening in GTA next September?

Jennifer  

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/12 10:50 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Men are from Mars women are from Venus. Don't ever try to figure out why they don't get it. Hugs

Sirene
on 12/17/12 8:25 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks Debra!

I don't think its that I want to figure out why exactly....just so surprised since I have already taken 2 clinics with the Running Room (Learn to Run and the 5km) and he is questioning it now?

Unless maybe he is trying to use reverse psychology on me.... O.o

Jennifer  

Monica M.
on 12/17/12 9:53 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

He likely doesn't get the difference between running a 5 k and running a half marathon. Non-runners think that running is running, and one distance is the same as another, just farther. They don't get that you have to learn things like pacing yourself, safely increasing the distance you run, etc.

Most Active
Recent Topics