OT - Zero Dark Thirty

ShallowGirl
on 1/14/13 12:02 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I saw it, and I think it will win Best Picture and Jessica Chastain will win best actress.

Story is built around her, a working woman, she never takes her clothes off, never has sex, never has a boyfriend (or girlfriend).  It is all about her doing her job, however grisly.

The picture also shows the bad (torture / rendition) and good (sparing collateral damage) sides of America.

I knew how it ended but I was still on the edge of my seat the whole way through.

I've also seen:

Les Miz (3.5/5 must like singing)

Silver Linings Playbook (4/5)

and hope to see some of the other nominees:  Argo, Django, Beasts of Southern Wild, Amour, Lincoln.

I`m seeing Life of Pi tomorrow.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/13 2:48 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Finally Saw Les Mis tonight and i went through 2 boxes of kleenex....it was amazing and loved every moment.

Django is really good

life of PI...was also very good...

Nanato2
on 1/14/13 8:10 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I saw Les Mis also and loved it I could see it again. Haven't seen anything else oh did see Hobbitt liked that one too.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

P_Floyd
on 1/14/13 8:11 pm - Canada

Going on our first outing to a theater in yonks Thursday to see the Hobbit. Ultramax I am told so I look forward to all the updated technology I have missed over the years.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/13 8:50 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Lincoln is wonderful as well.  A lot of really good movies nominated this year.

ShallowGirl
on 1/15/13 5:49 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I thought Batman & Skyfall were also good, but not nominated.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics