NSV - pants falling off - Pic

ShallowGirl
on 1/14/13 12:09 pm, edited 1/14/13 12:26 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Fooled ya!  Only a pic with pants on.

I lost weight due to illness this past month, and I reached goal ahead of my own personal schedule.  Anyway, my pants have now hit way too huge, so my sister gave me some size 8`s.

I looked at them and thought `no way` will these fit.

However, lacking options (even my sweats are falling off) and out of work this month due to illness, I can`t go shopping, so I tried them on.

a) they fit

b) they are also hanging down my hips, so they are too big.

It`s really mind warping.  

I`m still trying to get in my 60g of protein a day !!!

I bought firm tofu today, but I don`t know how to cook it.  I think it gets cubed and put in stir fries or soups ?

Me in the size 8 pants.  I am holding them up.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/14/13 12:21 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Cube it for soups, or stir fry or crumble it and add some seasoning/flavour as it will pick up anything you put with it... chili powder, etc.

Um... if you crumble it and heat it in a frying pan with some water and seasoning it has the consistency of scrambled eggs...

Some ideas could be found here: http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/fresh-ideas/healthy-dinners /5-easy-ways-to-prepare-tofu.htm

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

ShallowGirl
on 1/14/13 12:25 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Thanks, I appreciate it.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/14/13 12:35 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

No problem and great pic... love your smile in it.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

P_Floyd
on 1/14/13 8:05 pm - Canada

Lookin good ShallowGirl! You can shop online through a number of places and returns can go back to the store locally in many of them. That way the clothes get delivered right to your door. Takes a little time to get to know the sizes but the deals are sweet!

Congratz on your nsv.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

dna
on 1/14/13 9:08 pm - Canada

Awesome !  You look great and I love your smile and the short hair :)

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Gabygee
on 1/14/13 10:28 pm - Canada

Congrats on the loose size 8's. That's amazing, and you deserve this NSV!

As for tofu - I use it several ways.

FIRM

1) cube it, season it, fry it in olive oil, and then freeze the cubes. use them for stews, instead of beef.

2) mince it with a fork, fry it in olive oil, add beef bouillon and italian seasoning, use it in Spaghetti Bolognese instead of meat sauce

SOFT or SILKEN

toss it in a blender with 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, 1/2 orange - add some juice and a little vanilla or other SF syrup - SMOOTHIEenlightened

ShallowGirl
on 1/14/13 11:28 pm, edited 1/14/13 11:29 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

K.  Am trying gluten free pasta (rice based) so may go with bolognese option.

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/13 2:20 am - Straford, Canada

hundreds of recipes on allrecipes for tofu.  I find their search engine very good at finding my keywords.  http://allrecipes.com/search/default.aspx?qt=k&wt=tofu&rt=r& origin=Home%20Page

Hope you're healing and feeling much better soon! kiss

Eileen C.
on 1/15/13 2:52 am - Cornwall, Canada

WOW, congrats, looking great!!

Try shopping at Value Village, great place for great deals and low cost and also big variety!! LOL

Take care and continued success at looking and feeling great in your weight loss journey

Eileen

my angel is Lisa48                                        
Most Active
Recent Topics