Support group east of Toronto, in Durham Region?

RidingFan
on 1/18/13 10:51 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Does anyone know where I can find out if there is a group out here? Thanks!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Hannahmumma03
on 1/18/13 11:00 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada

there should be a meeting in whitby. At the village of taunton mills retirement centre...3800 brock rd. north. from 7-around 9 p.m.go through the front entrance..up the stairs... the meeting is usually in the first room on the left. the group is called Durham Region Weight Loss Surgery Support Group.

The next meetings are every 2 weeks and there should be one next Tuesday January 22nd..

Christie

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

RidingFan
on 1/18/13 12:00 pm - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Thanks!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Hannahmumma03
on 1/18/13 8:59 pm - Oshawa Ontario, Canada

enlightened

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

heatherp
on 1/18/13 9:19 pm - BROOKLIN, Canada

try rouge valley gastric bypass group on facebook too. Its a new group starting out.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/18/13 9:53 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

+1 on the Rouge Valley Gastric Bypass Support Group on FB.

This group meets once a month for regular meetings and does coffee at least once a month or when needed. Some of the members are on OH *raises hand* and some are not... but all are lovely.

From my own perspective: There is no judging... There is no push to conform to another persons ideals... it is all about individuals on their own journey coming together with and for each other...

I wanted/needed some social and support time during the pre-op time and asked if anyone was up for coffee that week (here IN Oshawa) and we managed to have a number of us come together for just that. I can't tell you what it means to have that resource.

Their monthly meeting was this past Thursday (here IN Oshawa) and I was not at all up to driving yet (9 days post op and I am kind of fussy about driving too soon after surgery and pain meds) and asked if anyone might be able to pick me up... One person picked me up, and 2 others offered in short order.

I also want to say I have gone to a few of the ones in Whitby. It is also a good group of people who go there. They often have a handout, and sit and discuss things that are relevant to the handout (as a topic) or various things... I do like a number of the people who go... I don't need to cover much as it was already covered in full above...

We are all going to look for something different in a support group. For myself I have gone to Whitby... The former "Durham group" which was where the members of the Rouge Valley group came from... The York/GTA support group meetings (which are awesomely organized, and fun as heck btw). The lunch Karen M. organized in Mississauga (again awesomely informative and fun in a very informal setting and where I got to meet people from OH who became fast friends). The CBPSO anual meet & greet which was in Sarnia (which is actually how I met the person who connected me with the others who now make up the Rouge Valley group).

I just was looking for a group that was either highly organized but fun or highly social but incredibly welcoming as those would suit my wants better and I have found that sometimes I want the feel of one... and other times I want the feel of another and there is nothing wrong with making use of more then one if it is what you want or need.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active
Recent Topics