NSV/OT - The Puck Had Dropped

Catw
on 1/27/13 10:30 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I know, confusing subject, but it sounds better than "I SURVIVED".  Just to clarify, my youngest son had his home IP (Initiation Player or Timbit) Tournament yesterday.  There are 2 levels of IP players (4/5 & 6 year olds), and it was a joint tournament.  I, for whatever reason, decided to volunteer to be the tournament organizer representing my son's level.  I also volunteered to stay in the office to register teams, and be partially responsible for the money we fundraised.  It was a really busy weekend.  Saturday, my oldest son had a game at 8:30, then after that, I helped set up the raffle draws.  Then had to do my shopping.

Sunday was working the tournament, dressing my oldest for 2 games, and my youngest for 3 games.  I spent 12 hours at the arena on Sunday.  And had Mother Nature start her visit (sorry guys, but it's a woman's life).

To me, the work was worth it.  All the kids seemed to have a good time.  All were exhausted, but seemed to be happy.

Now, all this about the tournament, and I'm sure you are wondering about my NSV.  It was one of those days I'd have liked to have a Fitbit, but don't.  I don't know how many times I had to run around the rink (actually run). I also had to carry bags of stuff through the arena, and a box of stuff as well. None of it light.  Before RNY, there is no way I could have done any of this. I probably would have had a heart attack with the movement, and stress.  Let alone being able to fit between 40 kids plus parents getting on and off the ice (the other set were going through a different door).

For those Hockey Mom's that have gone through this, you know my day.  But this one's over, and I'm not responsible for as much for the next one.

Cathy

Patm
on 1/27/13 10:57 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That's fantastic. You were able to enjoy an activity with your kids and be fully involved. It can only continue to get better.

cchdryder
on 1/27/13 11:18 pm
VSG on 01/14/13

What a great mom you are!  Success!!! You young moms inspire me because you are changing the world by better parenting!!!

Referral: June 22, 2012  Orientation: July 16, 2012 HRRH Keele
Surgeon's appt: July 25th RD, SW & RN:
Aug 10, 2012 
Surgery:  Jan 14, 2013              

Monica M.
on 1/28/13 2:01 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

that's awesome!!!!

sam1am
on 1/28/13 7:57 am

Way to go Cat!  I was involved in my son's tournaments as well , but not to that extend - might have been if I had had surgery at that point!  I use to love those weekends!  Enjoy them, my little boy is 24 now and I miss those days!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics