I don't like eating or drinking!

DebbieML
on 2/6/13 3:36 am - Gloucester, Canada

I am almost three months post-op and I can honestly say that I don't like to eat or drink.  Anything that goes down sits like a rock in my stomach for quite some time.  I don't think there is an issue, but it sure makes me not want to eat or drink.  I get enough food in and I am trying like heck to get all my water in, but it quite often makes me feel noxious.  Does anybody else feel like this?

Debbie
Referal: June 23, 2011;  Info: August 26, 2011;  Dr.: July3, 2012; U/S: July 13, 2012;  Beh/Nut: Aug 13, 2012;  Ed class: Aug 22, 2012;  Scope: Sept 7, 2012;  Met with surgeons fellow: Sept 17, 2012; SURGERY: Nov 16, 2012 with Dr. Mamazza.  

HopefulBee
on 2/6/13 3:50 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

Debbie, I am not quite 3 weeks post op & I'm feeling the same. Was hoping it will go away but by the sounds of your post, maybe not! I have been trying lots of different things, & living with the "consequences" of eating. About the only things I can tolerate are cottage cheese, yogurt, pudding (sf of course) & 1 egg either scrambled or poached, which surprisingly don't seem to bother me. Everything else is just too heavy.

Luckily I can drink unlimited amounts of water (it has to be flavoured though - Crystal Light, Mio) but food for me is just blah.

I do know that the consequences for not eating would be much worse than what I'm feeling. Sure makes it easy to not over indulge though!!

Referral from family doctor: April 2011

Surgery date: JAN 18, 2013 @ St Joe's Hamilton with Dr. Anvari

Patm
on 2/6/13 4:40 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am one year out and only find that feeling if I eat foods that are too heavy. Things like bread or any starch. Sorry you are having problems.

Jessica D.
on 2/6/13 5:29 am - Canada

I hear you. I am 2 months out and hate eating. Today has be surprisely a really good day with food for me. I am afraid of what tomorrow will bring. I do find that if I skip a meal the discomfort is worse. So I am doing my best to stay on track but it is so difficult. I have had so much discomfort the past couple of weeks that I actually end up vomiting.

I have even tried Papya enzymes. No luck!

Here's to our pouch's being more cooperative in the future! broken heart

gbtonco
on 2/6/13 12:55 pm - Canada

Well I was nauseated all the time and I just went and had an endoscopy and I have inflammation in my stomach and they are checking for infection.  They gave me pills and just today i started drinking and eating and actually liking it.   I hated it before.  So if you always feel sick then get checked.  I was hospitalized twice with dehydration.

Most Active
Recent Topics