Can I go back to the hotel now????

kim_emma02
on 2/9/13 9:03 am - Ontario, Canada

So at 5 days post op, I have been home for just over 24 hours and I'm ready to make a bee line for the nearest hotel!!!  Today has been an emotional rollercoaster for me as it is, I am already so tired of pudding, yogurt, cream soups, etc....., but I am so happy with my progress so far, then I'm frusterated because I'm so thirsty and can't get the water in fast enough.  You know that kind of rollercoaster.....  Then throw in my kids fighting over absolutely EVERYTHING under the sun, the dogs getting in to everything, my house is a disaster and everyone can't stop talking about how good everything that they are eating is!!!  I'm friggin' crying like a baby one minute then laughing the next then yelling the minute after that.  I haven't gotten in nearly enough protein for the day but I'm so ready to call it quits and just head to bed and start over tomorrow. 

Sorry for the rant, I know these emotions are normal but holy frig!!!!

PS. Did anyone else find that burps got stuck in their chest and were very uncomfortable??? 

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/9/13 9:10 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I pat my chest and burp myself like a baby... And... Tell them it is time for super quiet children and spouse time and they need to either respect it, or go to their rooms because it is too much for you.

*grin*

Don't yell... separate them!

*hugs*

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

2mar
on 2/9/13 9:20 am
RNY on 09/20/12

always ok to rant...

Take a nice deep breath. When people have small kids it is very hard. You are only 5 days out so cut yourself some slack .heartBe nice to yourself!

Worst come to worst - your house will be a mess for a bit but that is ok.

Set your priorities with the kids and with your food intake. 

Sip sip water - and try to get your protein drink in. When you feel thirsty it probably is because you are startling to get dehydrated. I take my protein drink first thing in the morning because then I know I've got in in my system.

Very soon you will be able to take on some other foods - will not take that long anymore.

And the fact that you are feeling overwhelmed is normal!

Take care 0 it will get better. enlightened

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

willowraine
on 2/9/13 11:06 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
I hear you on all of it. I missed my kids so bad and finally got home today and after being with them for less than 2 hours I was relieved they were going to their dads. I felt bad but between the noise, constant talking and the fear they were going to bump into my stomach I was exhausted.

I also tried to eat and get food in but it was taking forever. I gave up on that for today and went with a protein drink instead, just to at least make sure I get the protein in. And OMG, the water is driving me crazy. I usually drink lots of water and I am feeling so thirsty.

I'll just keep sipping and working on the protein and worry about the rest as it comes.

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

Amanda F.
on 2/9/13 11:50 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13
When I have air stuck, I swallow more air and then I'm able to burp it all up.

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

JJ_
on 2/9/13 12:00 pm

LOL, checking into a hotel is not a bad idea.  You need some peace and quiet and YOU TIME. 

Don`t worry about getting enough protein in early out.  Do you best every day and you will notice that it becomes easier over time as your inside heal and the swelling goes down.  The most important thing though is fluids.  I know I was really thirsty post-op and I can attribute it to the tube they had down my throat during surgery.  My throat was sore for a couple of weeks post-op.  I found ice chips were the best as not only they helped with the throat I was also getting liquid in me.

Good night!

Judy

kim_emma02
on 2/9/13 10:45 pm - Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the support everyone!  After my meltdown, everyone seemed to finally get the point and settled down.  I decided to keep sipping and try to get the water in if nothing else and headed to  bed.  Got up this morning with a clear mind and am going to tackle today a little differently.  I am going to ignore the mess, ask my kids to do something once then it's my hubby's problem, get my vitamins and protein shake in, sip, sip, sip and if there's still time for food, maybe I'll get a little adventureous and try oatmeal for some different texture.  If I find myself getting emotional I am going to give myself a time out and take a nap (I think not having a nap contributed to my emotions).  All in all I am going to enjoy the last 2 days that my hubby is home to make sure everyone is safe and fed!

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

Most Active
Recent Topics