Life would be easy if everyone did their role!

EternalEx
on 2/13/13 5:09 am - Canada
So a wee vent here...

I had left a message for my GP last week about my referral and hadn't heard anything back (I really don't trust most of his receptionists). So, curiousity got to me and I emailed the Bariatric Registry yesterday just to ask if they had it. Nope! No record!

Called back to my GP's office and get "oh i'm sure it was sent." Asked for them to check my file. Nope! Nothing has been scanned (office is electronic records now).

Asked for them to check my hard copy. Was told, "yeah, it might be there, we're weeks behind in our scanning". Good Lord people! So now, i am waiting for them to check with my GP and call me back.

Annoying - i'm fully accepting that this process takes awhile, but having my referral in paper/fax limbo is so frustrating.

GP is 2.5 hours away, but I'm thinking i might have to go and supervise! Lol
JJ_
on 2/13/13 5:23 am

LOL, drive there, pick up the papers and go to a local Mailboxes or UPS store and get them to scan it.  Get the GP's email address and send it to them with the FULL INSTRUCTIONS on how to send it to the Bariatric Registry. (provide link).

YOU CAN DO IT!   I hear your frustration.  Wow 2.5 hours away is a bit of a trip.

Judy

EternalEx
on 2/13/13 6:59 am - Canada
Yeah, it's a bit of a trek. I used to live in Brampton (where he is). I've just kept him everywhere I move because GPs are hard to find and he's really good. His staff, however, not so much
LORICARD
on 2/13/13 5:23 am - Canada

i had to "remind" mine after 3 months of waiting and then i spoke to them at least once ever 2 days for a couple more weeks. it finally got sent but unfortunately sometimes you just have to keep on top of them

Mary A.
on 2/14/13 1:24 am

just remember no mater how difficult the obstacles and the SLOW process you need to treat the receptionists with kindness and understanding or they can really slow the process even more...the whole (kill them with kindness) comes into play here

if you call every week, you can always ask for the receptionist who you have spoken to before and simply say "____ I am sorry to keep bothering you I am anxious and just want to follow-through in getting everything done"

if there is any chance of you faxing or mailing/couriring documents yourself, ask for that option (if allowed) sometimes it is NOT.

a few years ago I bought an inexpensive bouquet of flowers for my doctors main recptionist...you should have seen her change in demenour..

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

EternalEx
on 2/14/13 4:02 am - Canada
Aargh! Just found out that my GP has not sent in the referral yet and he's off today so I can't find out why. So 2 weeks of waiting wasted. The receptionist i got today (who i actually like) ssid "he's aware he hasn't done it" which made me crack up laughing! I'm guessing that was supposed to make me feel better.

Sigh...back to more waiting.
Most Active
Recent Topics