Need advise on hotels...St Joseph's Hospital on 30 Queensway!!

zephie
on 3/4/13 3:00 pm - Moose Factory, Canada

Are there any hotels within a reasonable distance from St Joe's Hospital Toronto...looking for "clean" not bed bugs or critters....definitely NOT Days Inn...need to be able to catch taxi from there to hospital ...and feel safe and secure during stay.  Would like to stay under $180 to $200 a night max.  Thanks for any info provided.

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/13 5:19 pm

The closest one is the Days Inn but I think it's a HOJO now and they just renovated all their rooms.  That one is within walking distance.  There is the Super 8 in Chinatown that is about 6 km away, Delta Chelsea on Gerrard is about 7 km away.  There is one west of the hospital in Etobicoke that a few have stayed at called Canada's Best Value Inn and it's about 12 km away and there is one called Stay's Inn near the Best Value as well.  A lot of the hotels offer a hospital rate if they have any of those rooms available so always best to call the hotel directly instead of the reservation line to inquire.

gardeninggal
on 3/4/13 9:26 pm - Midland, Canada

Your surgery day must be soon Zephie?  I too had my surgery at St. Joseph's in Toronto in Sept. 2012.  We stayed at the HOJO which was a short walk to the hospital.  I had to check in by 8 a.m. and my surgery was at 10:30 a.m.  It was clean, safe and despite some of the negative feedback on their website it was in our budget and handy to the hospital.  The only drawback is that there is no parking at the hotel:  drop off only, so you take your bags to your room and then you have to park a couple of block away (not far) where the hotel has parking in the underground of an apartment building.  It was a little inconvenient but the walk was great.  It is an interesting area with lots of antique shops, restaurants, etc. and is right on Lake Ontario.   My hubby and I stayed there one night, he drove back home 2 hours north of here and returned to pick me up after my stay of two days.  I told him I was in good hands at the hospital and I certainly was.  There is one wing that is dedicated to short term stays and it could be for anything.  I was there for two nights and had two different room mates.  The care was excellent.  Best wishes to you on your travels and surgery.angry

zephie
on 3/5/13 1:33 am - Moose Factory, Canada

No my surgery is not scheduled yet but my daughter has pre-op in June and her surgery in July....so from way up here we have to start early to make arrangements. Its also gonna be like practice run for me...will be easier we've gone through it all once. Thanks for the best wishes!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/13 9:27 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12

I work with Choice Hotels at a Comfort Inn and our Regional Sales Manager has set up rates at a few hotels in the Toronto area. I can't recall which ones but you can call and ask if they have the Bariatric rates in effect and they will be able to tell you. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/13 9:30 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12

Oh I found the link and she has them set of close to Humber

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4596319/Hotel-Rates-for-Humber/

Kathleen101
on 3/5/13 5:34 am

My husband & I chose Delta Chelsea But it is closed down now 

Do not go to Days Inn it maybe close but it has a lot of rub dups

Look at hotels on line & see what their ratings are

Good luck......who is doing your surgery?????

Surgery date Oct 2/12  by Dr D Lindsey SJHT

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/13 7:12 am

Delta Chelsea is still open, I just booked for there.  LOL  I think you must mean the Four Points by Sheraton that was in the hospital area as it is closed down.

Kathleen101
on 3/5/13 8:31 am

Oh what do I know

Surgery date Oct 2/12  by Dr D Lindsey SJHT

zephie
on 3/6/13 8:58 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Mine is not now but my daughters is this summer...we live so far north that we have to start to organize and plan early..thanks for the info!!...Dr Sullivan is her surgeon.

Most Active
Recent Topics