discouraged

spicy_cyn
on 3/16/13 12:28 am - Welland, Canada
This has been a long journey for me with many set backs. Last April I finally had the family doctor send in my referal to the bariactric centre. I was thrilled to get an orientation for August 2012. I mixed up the dates, called the centre and got a new date for March 11 2013. During this time I have read everything I could and love this forum. Changed eating habits and kicked a cola addiction. On March 2 I fell down the steps and broke my ankle and leg. My only tears were for the fact that I would miss my apointment. The hospital arranged to get me there and yeah I made it. The wait is about a year. I left the class feeling disapointed. Now I am feeling let down. I know I should recover first from my leg, but am just so down about it.
Moselle
on 3/16/13 1:43 am - Athens, Canada

The waiting is very disheartening that is for sure.  The whole bariatric process seems to be very cumbersome for sure although every once in awhile there are people who seem to progress through all the hoops with ease.

Sorry to hear about your fall; I hope that you don't let this set back change your mind about the surgery if that is what you really want.  As you said you've been working on making some lifestyle changes already now you just have to get back on your feet while you wait in the que for WLS.

In my opinion this surgery is definitely worth the wait. Keep the faith and I'll keep my fingers crossed that by the time you are back on your feet you have a surgery date.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

spicy_cyn
on 3/16/13 2:17 am - Welland, Canada
Thank you. I have gone back to water and portion control again.
smarkone
on 3/16/13 3:21 am

This Journey that we are on is that indeed a very long one, Just keep your eye on the prize, it will be here before you know it.

As you know by reading the posts on this forum there will be many ups and downs but every once in awhile someone will post a very inspiring story and you'll think to yourself yep I can do this....so chin up keep doing what your doing, you'll get there.

big hugs,

Sharon

Referral sent Sept. 2011, Orientation Oct. 2012, 1st appt. with Surgeon Nov. 2012, Nut, Nurse and SW Nov. 2012, Dr. Glazer Jan 2013, Stress test, echo Feb 2013, 2nd appt with Surgeon March 2013, PATTS April 23, 2012  surgery May 8, 2013

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/13 3:23 am

I know how you feel.. s sorry.. which hospital were you referred to? Keep smiling ... Hugs ~Lynn

jellyfishattack
on 3/16/13 4:02 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Spicy,

I'm very sorry to hear that you broke your ankle and leg.  That's an awful thing to happen whether you're waiting for WLS or not.  I am surprised and happy that you made it to orientation.  The waiting periods are sort of a bummer, but you're already making significant changes and I think you'll use the coming year to get 110% ready for surgery.  I thought my 14 month wait was a long time, but I tried to use the time to gain knowledge, and change my habits, like you.  Try not to feel so disappointed (if you can).  The time will come, and you'll be amoung the most well-prepared of everyone going into the OR.

Hugs ((( )))

Jenn.  :) 

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/13 5:43 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Hang in there Spicy_cyn,  The whole process is a series of ups and downs. Which hospital are you out of. Perhaps there waiting times will pick up. Come back here often we can try to keep you cheered bot it surely is worth the wait.

Patm
on 3/16/13 7:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You have certainly had a rough time. When you are healed call the centre and ask for cancelations. Many people have been able to move up

spicy_cyn
on 3/17/13 12:09 am - Welland, Canada
Many thanks to everyone who has helped me back to get my motivation back. I am smiling again.
Most Active
Recent Topics