I am slowly going crazy......or am I??

zephie
on 3/18/13 9:47 am - Moose Factory, Canada

OK this not so patient overly opinionated person is a bit overwhelmed!! Last Thursday 14th I went to all the appts my center said I needed to go to.....and after all that I was told I have to go for a sleep study!!  So that means at least one 6 day trip to have it done. Leaving this Friday till next Wednesday.  Then another 5-6 day trip to be told the results...oh joy!! AND then if it is decided that I have some sleep disorder ...then it will be another 5-6 day trip to get outfitted with some contraption that supposedly will make me sleep better...(I sleep great now!!)  In the midst of all this I live on an Island and the river is getting ready to break up in the next few weeks...so its ski doo taxi (ouch my aching back) or possibly fly across to the mainland by chopper!!!

I'm not a person that gets stressed out but I like being in my own home and sleeping in my own bed...needless to say all this craziness is screwing up my whole spring...but I'm a goal oriented person so just gotta keep my eye on the prize!!!..Health and saving my poor old aching knees!!! Thanks for letting me vent folks!!!...LOL...not that it is gonna change one thing!!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 9:52 am - Straford, Canada

Easy Peasy, sell the farm, move to Bathurst and Dundas, you'll be a short walk to the sleep clinic and a short walk to all your appointments!  kiss  See how easy that was!  

zephie
on 3/18/13 10:03 am - Moose Factory, Canada

LOL!!...that location is another 200 miles south from the sleep clinic I will have to go to...so no thanks...I'll keep my Island and all our dusty/muddy streets, rez dogs, no stores or restaurants, and all the peace and quiet our community has to offer...the sound of wind in the trees, soon the boats on the river, clear, clean air, the laughter of children playing in the tree house next door, a long walk along the path by the river shore, and all the things that make me love this place!!...and we're planning on a visit to another Island that you are familiar with next year....so that's the best of both worlds!! 

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Paddycke51
on 3/18/13 10:03 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Wow what u are describing sounds like heaven. I wouldn't move from there
Paddtcke51    
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 10:26 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Did you ask if you could do your appointment after the test via OTN to avoid that trip at least?  It would be crazy to have to go if you don't have sleep apnea.  If you do have it then you can get your machine the same day that you are told and at least the trip would be a twofor.

Our river is already open here so am sure yours won't be too far behind ours.

zephie
on 3/18/13 12:34 pm - Moose Factory, Canada

Talked to sleep clinic today....lady there said I had to meet with doc for results...but I will asked further once I'm there...will explain the distance and ask for OTN for sure.  You suggestion is a good one...thanks Tracey! Our river is still good....cars going over...hope it stays like that till I get back!!!

mermaidz
on 3/19/13 3:43 am - Brampton, Canada

Yes you are going crazy. But you have great company *looks over at Ian and da Pinkie*

Get the manager on the phone.. Explain you are NOT going to drive for how ever many hours just to hear you do or do not have sleep apnea.  THey can do a lot better than that for you... yell scream and  holler if you have to..

This always ****** me off when I read this kind of crap.. Especially when it involves travelling major distances

Then arrange ALLLLLLLLL of it for the same day. See Sleep Doc, get the good/bad news and then go directly to the place that sells the CPAPs if you need to.

"Raise a little hell".......

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

zephie
on 3/19/13 5:06 am - Moose Factory, Canada

I firmly believe that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"! As I have learned more over the last couple of days I am going to be trimming a few of those trips away. You're right ...I don't need to sit in the same office as the doc for him to tell me his diagnoses...a phone call can do that!!! Then I can make travel arrangements if needed once that is done....no sense heading south if its "no"!! Then if its "yes"...I can arrange to get CPAP which is in same building as the sleep Doc.  But once I'm there for the sleep study I can tell them what I am gonna do...thanks for the input!!

EternalEx
on 3/18/13 10:56 am - Canada
Just wanted to let you know that your dedication and commitment to improve your health and life is incredible! Whether you're crazy or not (hell, we're all a little nuts for one reason or another lol), you are an inspiration. When I ***** about my 2 hour drive to my appointments, i will smack myself and remember your trek!
gardeninggal
on 3/18/13 11:09 am - Midland, Canada

Wow Zephie, that is a lot to have to go through to get medical attention.  I too will stop *****ing about life's challenges.  Hope all turns out for you and that you will be enjoying your home and recuperating easily.  Safe travels and big hugs.

Most Active
Recent Topics