Day 1Opti... Farewell food, hello headache!

Sarahs_journey
on 3/20/13 6:21 am - London, Canada

So last night I hosted my own farewell food feast!  I made a healthy ministrone soup, baked pasta and fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies.  I ate small portions and enjoyed the! Hey folks flavours!  I toasted my children reminding them about why I am doing this and how important they are to me, and later hit my favourite bar for 1/2 price aps with good friends who wished me well on my journey! 

I woke this morning optimistic but nervous about Opti.  Turns out it's not so bad... I am hungry today and have a killer headache, but still thrilled that this day has come for me!  

Today 

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible!"
Audrey Hepburn     
Sarahs_journey
on 3/20/13 6:24 am - London, Canada

Sorry for the unfinished message!  Damn iPhone!  

Anyway, today was my pre-op appointment.  I was thrilled to sail through that too!  Still looking for an. angel, surgery is comming soon now!  

Thanks again to all the posters here, your shared experiences, encouragement and victories of all kinds are inspiring!

p.s. when will this headache go away?  

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible!"
Audrey Hepburn     
Pez
on 3/20/13 7:20 am - Oshawa, Canada

I had a headache for the first three days, but I had also given up caffeine, so not sure what was the cause. 

JJ_
on 3/20/13 11:29 am

Congrats on starting Optifast.  It sounds like your body is saying WHAT THE HECK!  Take tylenol to help with the symptoms.  If it doesn't go away, call the APN to discuss what is going on.

Judy

Dreamalittledream
on 3/20/13 12:01 pm - Canada

Lots and lots of fluids saved me from the headaches:). Good luck to you!

Ottawa ~Referral Mar 2011~Orientation Aug 2011~Meet w Nurse May 14, 2012~Dietician/Behav/Abdo Ultrasound July 5, 2012~Colonoscopy Aug 8, 2012~Dietician#2 Aug 30, 2012~Endoscopy Nov 9, 2012~Pre-op class Jan 2, 2013~ Meet w Surgeon Jan 8, 2013 ~Start Optifast Feb 15, 2013 ~Pre-Admit. Mar 6, 2013 ~SURGERY March 8, 2013 (RNY/ Dr.  Raiche)~Post-op Class/Follow-up appt. April 25, 2013

Paddycke51
on 3/20/13 9:48 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Best if luck. I'm right behind u I start next Friday.
Paddtcke51    
Most Active
Recent Topics