Sunwing Planes

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 2:54 pm

I am 5 10 about 320 pounds... I believe the seats are 17 inches, Im going with 3 people.... will I have to buy a 2nd seat (oh god the embarrassment!!!!)

I'd love to hear some people's feedback!

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 3:09 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

HI Sabby,

I work directly in the travel and airline industry and am very familiar with Sunwing planes (if you get my jist, lol)

The seats are tight, but if you prebook you seats the 1st 5 rows on the right side of the plane to have more room.  Do not take a bulkhead or emergency exit (espically if hips are wide) because they are solid armed.

the arms between seats do lift so that will usually help if you have thicker thighs/legs.

I am a bigger guy and around your height and I can fit....though not the most gracious or comfortable at times....arms crossed a lot etc...

I would suggest eating prior to flight, as us larger folk cannot usually fully fold down the table tray....i tried (on another airline) and spilled my entire meal over the floor.....too embarrassed to get any more food, i starved because i could not hold a tray of food and eat with someone else beside me.

If the plane is not full.....Move to the back! 

Don't stress, you will be fine and they wont charge you for an extra seat....wear comfy clothing and try to prebook the larger seat pitch seats i discussed above.

Sunwing is a lil more gracious than other charter airlines. :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 3:10 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

You will/may have to discretley ask the flight attendant for a extension when you board....they are usually VERY discreet! :)

Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 3:16 pm
I hope you don't take this offensively but you are amazing !! Thank you so much for the info ! Exactly what I needed to hear !
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 3:21 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Not at all!  but thanks...I just giving you as much info as i can....seeing i work with them everyday i should know ;)

I was hoping you would not take offence....but then i figured we all at one point are here because we were or are thick thighed :)  hahaha

Enjoy your trip!!!

BTW...if you have a morning flight the breakkie aint so great Anyways (ham cheese croissant...or boiled turkey sausage and liquid eggs *barf*!  so your not missing out...

PS. take the aisle seat!  because while at cruising altitude.....if the leg squi**** too much, the aisle arm can lift...giving you a bit more breathing space!

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 3:17 pm
So if the 1 st five rows are taken you'd suggest booking the back ??
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 3:23 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

yes if they are gone....prebook in the back....most people want to be closer to front....which boggles my mind cause they may be first off but being 30 people ahead does not make getting to a resort faster....lol....the bus still has to wait! LOL

and if the plane is not full....then you may luck out with a entire row or 2 seats to yourself :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 3:23 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

When is your flight and to where?  I can  look up to see if sold out ;)

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 3:45 pm

Basically, first 5 rows are taken. The airplane doesnt seem to have many people booked on it though, but i guess ill opt for the back! :D Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 3:49 pm, edited 3/21/13 3:50 pm

its the Aircraft Boeing 737-800 (twin-jet) .. what ever that means!

Economy Class 31-32.0" (31" in rows 23-30) 17.0"

120 standard seats

Most Active
Recent Topics