ORIENTATION LETTER RECEIVED - TWH April 17th

newpossibilities
on 3/28/13 5:56 am - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 11/19/13

Thanks to the advice of the folks on this board, I knew to double check after my doctor 'thought' he had done the referral.  When I contacted the registry they confirmed it was never received.  They didn't even have an account for my doctor so clearly he was not aware of the process.  

I gave direct instructions to his secretary on how and where to submit the referral and VOILA!  I have my orientation on April 17th!! Should I bring my husband with me if he can get the time off work?

Referral Mar 1, 2013 Orientation Apr 17, NP May 2, SW May 6, Nut May 6, Dietitian June 6, Psych June 18, meet surgeon July 5, PATTS Oct 8, Surgery Nov 19th

Maria40
on 3/28/13 6:08 am - Canada

Congrats!  Yes, bring hubby if he can get the time off.  He's going to be part of the change too. 

My doc had trouble referring me too - I was the 1st patient he ever referred and had no idea what to do.  When I finally got the orientation letter I was thrilled!  Things moved quickly after that.

kayakgirl
on 3/28/13 6:25 am - Canada

My doc referred me the old way and had to be brought up to speed on the new referral registry. Lucky I've been on this forum or I would never have caught his error. He finally faxed it in correctly a little over a week ago. So.... an extra 3 weeks waiting. (fingers drumming)

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/13 8:50 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Congratulations, That is wonderful news. I would take your husband and this is going to affect him and if he is like mine, he will likely worry about you so it is good that he know what is going to happen. If he is not available, considering taking you Mom or a sibling or friend. It is best that two set of ears hear the whole spiel so that you can discuss what you heard.

Enjoy the ride.

Most Active
Recent Topics