Eczema After WLS??

Hannahmumma03
on 4/6/13 5:23 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada

Has anybody experienced it? Could it be due to vitamin/mineral deficiencies? Off to search on OH........

Christie

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

kerlanny
on 4/6/13 6:16 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

I am getting the same thing...  I am getting patches of it on the inside of my elbows and I am super itchy and have lots of dry patches.  I was thinking for me it might be also a sign of me being slightly dehydrated at times.  I do have a hard time getting in my water.  Let me know if you find anything out. 

Carol Ann

On my journey to rescue the healthy and confident me that is hidden within!

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/13 6:54 am - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
Yup me too!! On my arm and my nose. Doctor gave me cortisone cream.
starry957
on 4/6/13 6:58 am
could have something to do with the vitamin stuff......for instance, I just got a big ol' cold sore on my lip - haven't been sick, and haven't had one in years and years....out of the blue now. Something to do with immune system maybe? My excema has flared in the past when I haven't been eating right or looking after myself well...

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

dna
on 4/6/13 9:03 am - Canada

I just got a big cold sore on my lip too ???  Not sick either.  Weird and super super annoying !

Dry skin  ?  Yup, here too.  I have been using coconut oil and it seems to help.  Also I have a massage bar from Lush that smells delicious but has alot of oils in it that seem to help.

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Nanato2
on 4/6/13 7:55 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I have had it my whole life and after surgery I had a flare it is not due to vitamins because I tool the vitamins for months before surgery. It has to do with we do not have enougth fluids in our system to keep our skin moist so because our skin is much dryer the eczema is flaring up. I have been using moisturizer few times a day.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

BluEyedCin
on 4/6/13 11:31 am

I also have experienced this :(

ARE YOU FROM NORTHERN ONTARIO

IF SO EMAIL ME AT

[email protected]

SURGERY DEC 3 2012

Onward and
Downward

on 4/6/13 11:34 am, edited 4/6/13 11:35 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

On my hands!  Like crazy!

I hadn't tied it to WLS before, but last night I wondered the same thing about whether it's a vitamin thing.  Because for me, it's way worse this winter than I've ever noticed before.  I don't know if it's eczema or not - I'm getting very scaly hands, and just yesterday, the skin was cracking on the knuckle areas of a thumb and baby finger and actually bled!  So strange.

I'm finding that rubbing a very little bit of Penaten Cream (a little goes a LONG way) on them a couple of times a day is really helping a lot.  It's just what I happened to have on hand and that's why I used it, but I'm wondering if the zinc in it is the trick.  The cracks have almost healed since yesterday after rubbing the cream on last night, this morning, and again this evening.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

4-Jane
on 4/7/13 6:06 am, edited 4/7/13 6:07 am - Canada

My partner just bought me a tin of bag balm and the very big bad , crazy itching, three creams prescribed nor any over the counter nor home Meade cream has worked. In just two uses the patch is almost healed overnight  for real.  Udderly amazing lol

Respectfully Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics