Nothing's going down.....irritated pouch? Help!

ovalspice
on 4/13/13 9:36 am - Toronto, Canada

Hey everyone,

So earlier today I ended up rushing to get ready to head out the door to hang out with some family, and in the process kind of gulped down my 2tbsp of yoghurt with my crushed meds in it. Since then, I've had that "stuck" feeling, that pressure in your esophagus that says "something's not ok here". I"ve experienced it before and I"ve just waited for it to pass and it did. Not this time. Water isn't staying down, I couldn't eat supper, and I"ve had to relieve the pressure several times by vomiting - well, I call it "spitting up" but its me doing it as opposed to it being involuntary.

I think something is getting down b/c I no longer can taste that horrible taste from my meds. And now all I'm tasting is water when I spit up b/****ep hoping that continuing to drink will "break" through whatever is creating this feeling. Its almost as if there's an air bubble preventing things from exiting my pouch. Or maybe not preventing, but making it much harder.

Anyway, anybody have any thoughts or experience with this?

Cheers,

Andrea devil

Highest weight: 428lbs Dec/12: RNY surgery at HRRH March 18/13. Current Weight: 315lbs

Patm
on 4/13/13 10:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

If this continues into Monday phone your wls clinic immediately. You need t find an answer. They should be able to help

mona8
on 4/13/13 12:21 pm - Kingston, Canada
I know someone who had rny done about 6 years ago. Very early out she accidently gulped some water which resulted in horrific pain and a trip to the ER. It turned out that her gulp had caused an air bubble to get trapped and she was presribed some pain medicine to deal with the pain until the air passed.

Ref- Aug 2011, Orient ( OWMC )- Nov 11, Transfer to Kingston- May 12, NP, DT,SW,H-pylori ( neg ), BW, Ab US,- Jul 12, NP return Aug 12 ( HBA1C 8.2 ), started insulin - Sept 12, Diabetic Opti Clinic-Jan 11 13 ( HBA1C 7.0 ), pre-op class- Feb 6 13, Surgeon Feb 22 2013 ( Dr. Hagen HRRH ), Dr. Glazier March 18 2013, PATTS Mar 12 2013, Opti Mar 21 2013 Surgery April 4 2013.

BoomersMom
on 4/13/13 1:06 pm - Canada

Have you tried "Papaya Enzymes" ???    It is a digestive enzyme that you can buy

at the Bulk Barn in the Vitamin section.  It helps to break food down , so that it will go down.

ovalspice
on 4/14/13 4:02 am - Toronto, Canada

IT eventually cleared last evening, thank god. So uncomfortable!! Thanks for the suggestions and well wishes!!

I then proceeded to wake up at 4am this morning in insane amounts of pain - a freakin' kidney stone!!! I used to get them often but haven't had one in 6 years. Maybe my body is mad at me lol. OUCH!!

Cheers,

Andrea

Highest weight: 428lbs Dec/12: RNY surgery at HRRH March 18/13. Current Weight: 315lbs

Artimesia
on 4/14/13 5:47 am - Toronto, Canada

hi Andrea, so sorry you had these issues, glad the first is settled, now for overcoming the second; 

Sheila

Leanne1
on 4/14/13 7:31 am - Newmarket, Canada

I totally agree with having papaya enzymes on hand for those types of situations! Try 2 of those and if that doesn't work within 45-ish mins .. go to your centre. Don't let the pain go for that long. It ruins your day and makes people worry. Not to mention there could be something more serious happening that you don't know about

Most Active
Recent Topics