It's been a long time.. But I'm back!

staceycvd
on 4/14/13 4:35 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

Hello everyone, it's been so long since I've been here. I've been busy with my first year of college. I am finishing up this coming week. As some of you may know, my process has been put on hold due to a hospitalization in August for mental health issues. I will be clear to start the process again in August once my one year of mental health stability has passed. I was discouraged for a while but now I take it as a grace period for me to sit down and think about whether I am truly ready for such a serious surgery. It has allowed me the time to weigh the pros and cons. I have decided that I still want the surgery and now I think I've had time to let it sink it. And hey, whats an extra year? It will happen when it's meant to!

Anywho,  I have fallen off the wagon due to loads of stress with exams and tests and all that fun school related stuff. I have gained about 5 lbs which is not terrible considering how lazy I've been.  I have just recently started doing hot yoga which I love! I feel so refreshed and like my mind is clear when I'm done. Today I've also started the squat challenge that has been all over facebook. 50 squats wasn't so bad!  I also took my dog for a walk in the deep snow in the cemetery near my house which was a pretty great workout. It was about 30 mins at an estimated 2-3km/hr. (according to my iPhone). I'm ready to get this back on track and I'm so glad that I know exactly where to turn to for support (you guys!

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

JJ_
on 4/14/13 6:36 am

Welcome back.  You must be excited to be finishing up school this week.  Congrats on getting your medical stuff straight.  I guarantee you that trying to sort it out at the same time as your hormones go whacko, would have been a real challenge.  Good luck in your continued journey.  Congrats on the exercise and only gaining 5 lbs.

Judy

Patm
on 4/14/13 8:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome back. Glad you are feeling better. Hope your journey is now a little smoother

Dar_Mab
on 4/14/13 9:03 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Sounds like you are ticking off stuff to do on a "to do" list - school, check, mental  health, check, exercise, check, complete process to surgery, check!    Way to go on your focus.  Won't be long now!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

4-Jane
on 4/14/13 11:11 am - Canada

Hey how goes the battle hope you enjoyed your school year what did you study

Respectfully Jane
staceycvd
on 4/14/13 9:15 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

Hey, I'm studying Business Administration-Human Resource Management, I have another 2 years to go but will more than likely be taking it by correspondence since I have a job lined up. They told me they really like me and I'll be finding out within the next week or so whether I have the job or not. Wish me luck!

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

Most Active
Recent Topics