These dreams... (sorry, long)

Melissa.M
on 4/23/13 1:58 am - Canada

I always have vivid dreams and lately they have been about WLS.  Last night I dreamt that there was a group of 30 or so people and we were being given a tour of the operating room and hospital floor. The tour ended in the operating room and there were tables upon tables of baked goods. Cookies, donuts, cakes, pies, muffins, brownies, everything. The doctors who were doing the tour told us to stay in the room, socialize and get to know one another because it may be helpful for us to have a support system after surgery. They also told us to help ourselves to the refreshments. Mostly everyone started talking and eating and I was walking around looking at all the junk food. I refused to eat it, though, because I am motivated darnnit! lol  So the doctors came back in, said they were watching through two-way mirrors and proceeded to go up to everyone that had eaten, touched them on the shoulder and told them they were kicked off the registry. I was so giddy because I knew I hadn't eaten anything and would get to have the surgery.

Then a doctor came up to me and asked if they could use me as an example of what it would be like to go under general anesthesia. I agreed, got up on the table, they put a mask on my face and the next thing I knew I woke up (in my dream). My stomach was sore and the doctors told me they went ahead and did the RNY so everyone else could watch. I was confused and sore but happy. They said as a reward I would get to pick out a pair of shoes to take home with me. In real life, I cannot wear dress shoes as my feet are size 11.5 men's so more than size 13 in women's. I'm hoping that with some weight loss I may be able to get a nice pair of shoes someday so I think that's how it factored into my dream. So there was this huge pile of shoes in the middle of the floor and I kept trying on pair after pair and they all fit! I was ecstatic in my dream. lol  The doctors told me to hurry up because they had to clean the room, and they grabbed me to usher me out the door. I grabbed 2 shoes but they weren't a matching pair and I was begging them to let me find a matching pair but they were putting my coat on for me. I was mad because one shoe was pink with a bow on it and I don't like pink or bows.  I put a shoe in my pocket and my fingers went into a melted chocolate bar that was in my pocket. I wouldn't take my hand out of my pocket because I was afraid the doctors would see the chocolate, say I didn't deserve the surgery and would then reverse the RNY. As the doctors were pushing me out the door, my sister appeared, grabbed my arm and said, "C'mon, we're going out for burgers!" (she's vegetarian in real life) I was yelling after her, "But I can't eat red meat yet! I can't eat red meat yet!"

Then I woke up.

I love these dreams. lol  Feel free to share yours if you have any! :)

Referral:Nov 14, 2012~~Orientation:Dec 14~~Nurse:Mar 26~~Abd Ultrsound:Apr 18~~Beh/Nut:May 9, 2013~~Surgery:Dec 12, 2013.

Alice-58_.
on 4/23/13 2:42 am
VSG on 02/26/13

Wow, that's a vivid dream. I choked on my protein shake as I was laughing so hard. Thanks for sharing.

Live near Bayfield. Referral June 2011 to Windsor Bariatric Referral Center. July asked to be transferred to Guelph as closer but file got lost..  Orientation Nov 2011, Guelph. Nurse,Nut and SW X3 mid 2012. Surgeon Dec 2012. VGS Surgery Feb 26 2013 Dr Jules Guelph

Dreamalittledream
on 4/23/13 2:50 am - Canada
That was hilarious!! Thanks for sharing; can you just imagine?

Ottawa ~Referral Mar 2011~Orientation Aug 2011~Meet w Nurse May 14, 2012~Dietician/Behav/Abdo Ultrasound July 5, 2012~Colonoscopy Aug 8, 2012~Dietician#2 Aug 30, 2012~Endoscopy Nov 9, 2012~Pre-op class Jan 2, 2013~ Meet w Surgeon Jan 8, 2013 ~Start Optifast Feb 15, 2013 ~Pre-Admit. Mar 6, 2013 ~SURGERY March 8, 2013 (RNY/ Dr.  Raiche)~Post-op Class/Follow-up appt. April 25, 2013

Joanne D.
on 4/23/13 3:19 am - Canada

Bahahaha.....too funny!

Thanks for sharing, I've had some weird dreams as well...just can't remember them.

I have a terrible sweet tooth...I probably would have been one eating then kicked out of the program!!!!

Joanne

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

aidan
on 4/23/13 3:20 am - Canada

Wow crazy! While I was on optifast I had really bizzaro dreams!

Monica9811
on 4/23/13 4:28 am - Peterborough, Canada

Wow that is a bat **** crazy dream haha. Love it!  I have weird dreams and my husband always tells me not to tell people.  You sure wonder what the heck is going on in our brains when we dream like this!

Lori_Lee
on 4/23/13 5:48 am - Canada

Haha - love it - thanks for sharing!!

I have been having weird dreams, although not as vivid as my date gets closer... sleep is becoming restless.  But let's see what my imagination cooks up tonight.

Lori Lee

TWH Orientation - Oct 17, 2012   SW - Nov 19, 2012   Nurse - Dec 12, 2012  Group Nutrition Class - Jan 14, 2013  Psychologist Feb 12, 2013  Nutrition March 15, 2013 Surgeon - April 5th (Dr Penner) Surgery May 16th 

G_mama_d
on 4/23/13 8:02 am - North Bay, Canada
That was hilarious.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

kayakgirl
on 4/23/13 8:14 am - Canada

Thanks for that!!!!

Initial referral: March 21, 2013; Orientation: April 26, 2013 (OWMC); Nurse Practitioner: July 10, 2013; Nut/Beh: July 15, 2013; Pre-op Class: September 18, 2013; Internist: September 18, 2013; Surgeon: October 1, 2013; Surgery: November 25, 2013 (Dr. Yelle)

4-Jane
on 4/23/13 9:08 am - Canada

Melissa it is sad the vulnerability we feel and the lack of control we have regarding the process and say in it that we have.  I think you may be trying to make sense of it all. A bit like the exam that says write your name in the top corner and then goes on and on but asks no question the point being we were only asked to do one thing if you do more okay but if you did not follow the instructions regarding the name you fail.  And I felt sad for you with the miss matched shoes and the candy bar.  As I write this I feel off for having just not said boy that was funny like others did but I can relate to some of that dream in a real and sad way

Respectfully Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics