One Month Surgiversary...and the NSV's and SV's are adding up!

Sarahs_journey
on 5/4/13 7:30 am - London, Canada

Hello All,

It has been a few weeks since I posted, but today I am so full of gratitude for my RNY gift that I had to share with others the positive things that have taken place over the past month.  As of tomorrow I am one month post op.  Since the begining of Optifast (2 weeks), I have lost 40 lbs!!!  I sure can feel it.

Allow me to list the joys of this month! 

I am fitting into smaller clothes (16-18) from (20-22)! 

I am moving much easier, walking and cleaning house and playing with kids and bending over MUCH easier! and really looking forward to joining some exercise classes!

My incisions have healed very well, I wonder if we will be able to see any scars at all in a few years! 

I have been able to eat many foods without any difficulty. 

My friends and famiy are noticing the change and have been extremely supportive of my decision to have this surgery.  I am so thankful for them.

AND today my son Isaac who is 8 wrapped his arms around me and was able to grab his own hands...he said "wow mom you really are loosing weight, you look different and I can hug you all the way now!"  that hug and comment felt AMAZING! 

I am so thankful for this journey and I look forward to more positives in the weeks and months to come!

Sarah

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible!"
Audrey Hepburn     
smarkone
on 5/4/13 8:22 am

WoW You are doing great, keep up the good work and the positive attitude. I have surgery on Wednesday and I cant wait to post my NSV's and SV's, please keep posting these huge milestones its very encouraging to us pre opers.

Sharon

Referral sent Sept. 2011, Orientation Oct. 2012, 1st appt. with Surgeon Nov. 2012, Nut, Nurse and SW Nov. 2012, Dr. Glazer Jan 2013, Stress test, echo Feb 2013, 2nd appt with Surgeon March 2013, PATTS April 23, 2012  surgery May 8, 2013

Patm
on 5/4/13 10:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congrats on youe success so far. Hope the NSV's keep coming

Dar_Mab
on 5/4/13 10:37 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

You are doing great!  Keep up the great work

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

RidingFan
on 5/4/13 10:53 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Congrats...the changes in that time are certainly dramatic and fantastic!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Sarahs_journey
on 5/4/13 11:05 am - London, Canada

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible!"
Audrey Hepburn     
MuskokaMom
on 5/4/13 11:34 am

Awwww.. you're lucky to have such a wonderful young man in your life.  Way to go.  Glad that its working out so well for you.  Enjoy every joy and NSV that comes your way. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/13 11:39 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Those sound wonderful! So happy for you
Moselle
on 5/5/13 1:06 am - Athens, Canada

Congratulations on your success.  Kids do say the darndest things; honest and from the heart.

I have found that it's the little things that make us smile the biggest on this journey.  Enjoy yourself.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Most Active
Recent Topics