12 days Post-Op

renau2e
on 5/18/13 10:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 05/07/13
I'm feeling great and pretty much back to normal with activities and cleaning, etc. I went to the Zoo for 4 hours Thursday and it was great! I've had no complications (so far) and I feel extremely greatful.
I had a few moments just after surgery where I thought I'd never be able to eat again and mumbled 'WTF, why did I do this?!?!' .... but that quickly passed
I am having trouble drinking my shakes because I hate them and need to find something else. I haven't had the chance to go shopping for a new brand yet, but I will very soon. In the mean time I am trying to eat lots of cottage cheese and other full fluids mixed with unflavoured protein powder.
I have never been a drinker and have to force myaelf to drink water all day .... it's getting easier but I still hope to be able to get more in once my pouch accepts bigger sips
Constipation is my only real issue .... I feel really backed up and am resorting to MOM today to tryand get things moving. Fun, fun, fun!!

The only thing that really bums me out (even though I know it's normal) is that I lost 10lbs in the first 6 days post-op but I haven't lost anything since. *sigh* Seeing the scale stay the same so soon after surgery really sucks. lol I am still sticking to the plan and I know it'll fall off eventually, but still- it's frustrating.

Anyway, I just felt like updating and saying Hi Happy long weekend everyone!

Referral sent-  Feb. 4, 2013   Referral received-  Feb. 14, 2013  Orientation- (HRRH)- Mar. 7, 2013   Sleep study-  Mar. 9, 2013   Meet Surgeon (Dr. Klein)-  March 21, 2013   SW/RD/RN- Mar. 26, 2013  Dr. Glazer-  Apr. 3, 2013 Surgeon Appt. (book surgery and pick up Opti)- Apr. 16, 2013  Start Opti- Apr. 17, 2013 PATTApr. 25, 2013   Surgery!!! May 7, 2013

Highest Weight- 345 lbs   Post-Opti/Surgery Weight ????    Goal Weight- 165 lbs

Needanewbeginning
on 5/18/13 10:49 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Sounds like your doing great. I am not a drinker either, so I worry that will be an issue for me as well. I am very afraid of constipation as I hear that can lead to serious issues, have my fibre mix ready ugh.

Cant image a walk through the zoo, the Toronto zoo? If I am lucky I could try the Elmvale zoo near my home, but even that little walk freaks me out lol. Good for you! I sure pray for energy, I really lack that.

Thanks for sharing and I am sure those pounds will keep coming off. 

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Leslie W.
on 5/18/13 11:16 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Sounds like you are doing great. The scale will move! I hit my first stall at 2 weeks and it lasted a week. Then dropped 5 lbs overnight. The scale has no choice but to move downward.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Jen1984
on 5/18/13 11:27 pm - trenton, ontario, Canada

i also am having a very hard time getting protein shakes in they are so awful and I have looked for the fruity ones around here and there are none.  I am doing good with water and vitamins but not protein and I never feel hungry to forcing myself to even eat lol

Surgery Date May 7th 2013 at Humber with Dr. Klein

Moselle
on 5/18/13 11:41 pm - Athens, Canada

Just take it one day at a time and it just keeps getting easier and easier.  Finding a protein powder/shake that you like will help a lot.

Keep at the water thing; carry a bottle with you everywhere you go and you will find that it becomes easier as well.

Don't focus on the scale; try not to weigh yourself everyday. I know it's hard but really you body is changing very quickly it just doesn't always result in a drop on the scale. I found that I would lose 5-10 lbs then nothing for a week or so and then I'd drop another 5-10 lbs. It was like my body would take a week or so in between to catch up. Stick with the program, make smart choices and keep busy and you will lose the weight.

Keep up the good work. Enjoy your long weekend as well.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Christine B.
on 5/19/13 12:44 am - Canada
I have some great ladies in the support group i go to in scarborough. Im on opti slop right now and i add a tablespoon of crushed flax seed to one of my shakes and have a teaspoon of crushed hemp heart. I want natural things and its working. U could add these to yogurt.
Christine B.
on 5/19/13 12:46 am - Canada
I also hear that popeyes allows u to taste the protein before u buy. Thats what im gonna do as i hear our tastes change after surgery.
esther_cyw
on 5/19/13 10:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/26/13
I've read that if you're stalled with weight lost (although normal) it could be connected to not getting enough protein into you and waters important too
Most Active
Recent Topics