Good article in June's "Prevention" Mag re Protein being "Metabolism...

Alice-58_.
on 5/31/13 1:04 am
VSG on 02/26/13

I subscribe to Prevention magazine and in June's issue there is an excellent article about why and how protein boosts our metabolism and prevents loss of muscle mass during weight loss. High protein is the hallmark of all our diets on this journey. I have never seen or heard it so well explained as  this article does wrt the whole protein issue.

Live near Bayfield. Referral June 2011 to Windsor Bariatric Referral Center. July asked to be transferred to Guelph as closer but file got lost..  Orientation Nov 2011, Guelph. Nurse,Nut and SW X3 mid 2012. Surgeon Dec 2012. VGS Surgery Feb 26 2013 Dr Jules Guelph

SandpaperSandy
on 5/31/13 2:07 am - Kitchener, Canada

What is the Prevention Magazine???

Alice-58_.
on 5/31/13 10:57 am
VSG on 02/26/13

It's an American publication.  You'll see it at checkout counters everywhere in Ontario. Totally about health and wellness. Full of info.  Love it.

Live near Bayfield. Referral June 2011 to Windsor Bariatric Referral Center. July asked to be transferred to Guelph as closer but file got lost..  Orientation Nov 2011, Guelph. Nurse,Nut and SW X3 mid 2012. Surgeon Dec 2012. VGS Surgery Feb 26 2013 Dr Jules Guelph

Lorieliz
on 5/31/13 11:56 am - Canada

Atkins was pretty close to being on the mark. I think he just went a little overboard on the full fats and the amount of protein. I did my best on his diet, so I am hoping that the bariatric tweaks with fats and portions will be just as friendly, but more sustainable.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Most Active
Recent Topics