Recent patients of Dr Nan

Megan M.
on 6/5/13 10:54 am - Canada

Does Dr Nan use progressive tension sutures and no drains for tummy tuck?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Leslie W.
on 6/5/13 12:57 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Are you asking about Dr Nandagopal? Not sure about the sutures but he uses drains.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/13 2:34 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

My mother just had her panni done on thursday...she def has drains...and compression garment...not sure about the sutures but i can ask...as she was done only 7 days ago, he may have changed...i will let you know

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 6/5/13 4:29 pm - Cole Harbour, Canada
Just had tummy tuck last Wednesday. Sutures are all on the inside and dissolve on their own(not sure if that's what you called them). I do have two drains that will be in for approx 3 weeks.

Megan M.
on 6/5/13 8:04 pm - Canada

The sutures reattach the skin to the muscle,which eliminates the void where fluid would build, thus no need for drains.  So I guess if there are drains, that suture technique was not used.  I don't think too many dr's use it.  Thanks, I was just curious.  Many things to think about before my consult next week.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

kellybelly333
on 6/5/13 11:08 pm - Toronto, Canada

I think most canadian doctors use the technique where you have drains. I had my drains for 10 days. A pain in the butt, but the 10 days flew by.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Mary A.
on 6/6/13 12:14 am
On June 6, 2013 at 6:08 AM Pacific Time, kellybelly333 wrote:

I think most canadian doctors use the technique where you have drains. I had my drains for 10 days. A pain in the butt, but the 10 days flew by.

I would think so also...I mean there is a necessity for extra fluid to go somewhere...and I am sure that having drains has some benefits

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

dana8221
on 6/6/13 4:34 am - Canada
I had drains for 2 weeks. I also did nt have progressive sutures in mine but have a spot where fluid built up hat needs to be fixed. I an super happy with my results and thought he as a great doctor!
nurseygrrl
on 6/10/13 3:23 am - Toronto, Canada
Fluid accumulates in the space created from the skin/fat removal, the fluid is prime real estate for infection. The drains are needed to remove this fluid, especially if you are having a lot of tissue removed.
“Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly…..on a broomstick. We’re just that flexible."     
Most Active
Recent Topics