Hamilton doc wants NATIONAL coverage for obesity treatment

Gabygee
on 6/12/13 10:44 pm - Canada

Hey you Hamilton peeps - look who's in the news!

Hamilton Spectator

Hamilton doctor wants national coverage for obesity treatment

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3837026-hamilton-doctor-wa nts-national-coverage-for-obesity-treatment/

lexxiblue
on 6/13/13 1:03 am
RNY on 01/11/12

Hey Gaby

good old doc anvari.. kudos to him! now if he could just convince OHIP that the removal of angel wings and other hanging skin is not just for cosmetic purposes!!

thanks for the post!

take care of you

Deb

highlandbear
on 6/13/13 9:21 am - Canada

You are so right.  The hanging skin can do so much mentally to a human being. I still can not see myself as skinny because of the lose skin.   I try and be so careful on what I eat and how much and I am still trying to lose weight even when everyone is saying I am fine. I can not see it. They don't see me without clothes and maybe if I could have the surgery I would feel better and see what other people are seeing. 

lexxiblue
on 6/14/13 4:01 am
RNY on 01/11/12

i so agree with you Barb... i don't know if i'll ever get my head to match the numbers on the scale.... having been morbidly obese all my life (one time i had to go to emerg and got a copy of the doc's report and my family doc had written i was morbidly obese at 220.. omg!! i can imagine what he thought i was at my highest weight)... but anyways... i'd love to get rid of the angel wings and tummy... the legs can go last on my list.. and as someone (who no longers posts and is missed by many) used to say.. i look great with clothes on!

Lorieliz
on 6/13/13 1:18 am - Canada

Email the author and voice your support for Dr. Anvari and the Bariatric Registry!

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

PaulaToronto
on 6/13/13 6:51 am - Toronto, Canada

Don't get me wrong, I think this is great but taking us only half way to having a healthy, normal looking body needs to be addressed by OHIP.  Plastics needs to be covered in more depth. The battle to lose the weight after surgery took a lot of determination and effort. However, when I look in the mirror what I see is a deflated, wrinkly hanging skin mess. My self esteem is still in the pits.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

lexxiblue
on 6/14/13 4:02 am
RNY on 01/11/12

you're totally right... after being fat for so so so long... it's like i took a pin to a balloon and pooooooooooof... all the air is gone and left is the deflated wrinkly hanging skin mess.. as you say - and to say i look thin .. sure i look it.. but don't feel it.  but am so very very grateful for the journey i've embarked on and will continue with forever and ever! AMEN!

Lorieliz
on 6/14/13 12:55 pm - Canada

Maybe I am one of the older people but looks aren't all that big a priority other than looking the best I can - working with what I got.  I am about healthy right now. Maybe that will change.

However, I got the idea (after hanging out here a while) that once you have maintained a good weight, tummy bits and boobs were fixable. There seem to be several here who have received the basics. Can't hurt to try.

In any event, I have to assume that, once I am down to a healthy weight and can look forward to a longer life, I will see the glass half full.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Most Active
Recent Topics