Ladies - Irregular Periods post-op???

Jodi77
on 6/17/13 6:41 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13

I'm never one to worry too much about my monthly visitor however it's really making my head twirl lately.  Coming every 21 days instead of 28 and longer and heavier!?!  Anyone else experience a change and know why??

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Monica9811
on 6/17/13 7:15 am - Peterborough, Canada

I have noticed mine coming earlier too.  Seems to move up a week each month...I used to know pretty much the exact date every month now it surprises me early.  Keeps me on my toes and makes it hard to plan anything.  I used to take bc pills to alter my cycle if I was going away but now that doesn't work.  Guess I will have to suck it up!

kristaeb
on 6/17/13 7:31 am

Great post , thanks for the info.. My period is due the day of my surgery. So not looking forward to that happening..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

lisachevy
on 6/17/13 12:29 pm - Kitchener, Canada
That's really funny cause mine was due (and came) day of surgery as well.

prairiegirl
on 6/17/13 11:17 pm - Canada
Mine was due also they day of surgery! It really worried me but, I was a week early so the worry was for nothing!
Arlio1207
on 6/17/13 7:49 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

yup every 2 to 3 weeks, its all wonky. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Dar_Mab
on 6/17/13 8:59 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Not sure if age has more to do with changing periods than WLS. I turned 49 in March. Had surgery mar 8. My periods came like clockwork.  I was due the day of surgery.   Fortunately it at least waited until 2 days after surgery. I chalked it up to the trauma of surgery as to why it was a couple days late. 

However I didn't get a period at all in April or May. Last week I got my June period pretty well on the time it should have with revenge. Very heavy and cramps. When I asked the clinic nurse if a change in periods was side effect of WLS she said no and that likely it is more my age and starting of menopause. 

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Jodi77
on 6/17/13 9:04 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13
The nurse at my 3 month follow-up told me WLS could make it a little wonky. I'm 36 and not TOO close to menopause (I hope).

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Patm
on 6/17/13 10:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hormones are stored in our fat. When we lose the hormones are released. This is probably  why your periods are off

Delicious_Delilah
on 6/17/13 10:40 am - Ottawa, Canada

Yup!  Every two to three weeks for me!  Sigh!  Hopefully will regulate soon!  

Most Active
Recent Topics