OT. Craziest thing happened to me today!!!

Marny B.
on 6/30/13 1:11 pm - Canada

In all my 35 years, I have never lost my wallet.....until this week.  This week, I lost it not once, but twice!  I have no idea what's wrong with my head!!  The scary thing is that I had about $150 worth of gift cards in my wallet!  

So, last weekend, I was with my daughters at a birthday party in Oshawa, and my wallet fell out out of my purse in the parking lot of the mall.  Some very kind stranger turned it into security.  When I walked into the house (in Mississauga), I found a message on my answering machine that they had found it. Thank God for the kind and honest person who turned it in.  Everything was just as I had left it inside.

Tonight, I was at a restaurant by my house.  I must have left my wallet on the table when we left. When I got home I was busy doing yard work and didn't notice until a couple of hours later when a stranger called and told me she had found the contents of my wallet strewn all over the grass by her place of work ( about a 10 minute walk from the restaurant where I'd left it). I went right away to get it.  I was mourning the loss of my gift cards and worrying about someone haven taken my credit card.

Here is the craziest thing of all!!!  Everything was there!  Even though the contents had been emptied out on the grass, all the gift cards were still there, my credit card, all my ID, etc.......!  Now, I'm not complaining in any way.....but WTF??!!  What n the world happened, that would make the thief or thieves, take my wallet, dump it out all over the ground, and then not steal $150 worth of gift cards or my credit card???  I did not have any cash, but the gift cards were as good as cash!  The only thing that seems to be missing is my debit card, but I am wondering if the kind stranger just missed it in the grass as it was a green TD card.  

Anyhow, a long post, but I am just so grateful not to have lost anything and or the kind people who found and returned my things (both times)!  I think I need to  "ball and chain" the damn thing to my wrist from now on!!!  LOL!!!

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Michele T.
on 6/30/13 1:18 pm - Canada
That is Crazy so happy to hear that there are still nice and honest people out there and glad you got your wallet back twice

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

Marny B.
on 7/1/13 12:05 am - Canada

Agreed!!

JJ_
on 6/30/13 6:35 pm

Wow, you are lucky to get everything back.  Perhaps the person loved your wallet and was not the type of thief that knows what to do with credit cards, gift cards, etc.

Judy

Marny B.
on 7/1/13 12:05 am - Canada

Haha. Likely they threw the clutch in another spot while walking.  It was not an expensive thing.  In fact, I was looking at replacing it.  Guess I know what to buy with my gift cards!!  LOL

highlandbear
on 6/30/13 10:44 pm - Canada

There are still some honest people around few and far but there are. The second time the person could have been looking for some easy money for drugs. Gift cards etc would not buy them there drugs.

It is crazy what people do steal. I know at the ywca if you leave your soap shampoo etc that will be taken but leave your ipod like I did and they will turn it in. One person left a very good watch behind and it was  taken. I have had my locks taken 3 times but nothing else was taken.  Just have to wonder why.

Glad you got everything back.

Marny B.
on 7/1/13 12:01 am - Canada

Good point.  I never thought of that!  I also wondered if they were young and didn't look too closely. Perhaps they thought that the MasterCard gift cards were actually credit cards and they we not up for committing credit card fraud. Also, theCadillac Fairview gift card looks more like a loyalty card than something valuable, so maybe they just didn't understand and like you said, were hoping for cash.!  

Patm
on 6/30/13 11:31 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you got everything back. Renews your faith in people when this happens. 

Marny B.
on 7/1/13 12:02 am - Canada

Thanks. Yes it does renew my faith.  The first person didn't even open the wallet, said the security guard. The second person took the time to surf throughout the grass to find everything. 

Bellafeega
on 7/1/13 2:22 am - Toronto, Canada

I once left my wallet in a cab. And the cab driver put it in a mail box and finally after a few months it was mailed back. Amazing! Congrats on getting yours back. And I guess if maybe the thief was a junky or something gift cards don't buy crack:P

Referral to Bariatric Registry: April 30th 2013  Orientation:  May 27th 2013   Meet Dr Huynh: June 4th 2013

RD and RN: June 5th 2013  SW: June 11th 2013   Dr Glazer: July 3rd 2013  2nd Meeting with Dr Huynh: July 18th 2013  SW: July 18th 2013 Sleep Test: July 16th  Follow Up With Dr Glazer: July 22nd 2012  Patts: July25th Surgery: August 7th 2013!!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics