Upper Arms...Ugh!

time2changeme
on 7/5/13 1:14 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has issues with large flabby upper arms since weight loss, mine have got to be the worst ever!! 

I know they sell support stockings, but is there such a thing as upper arm compression sleeves? I'm always looking for shirts with fairly long sleeves, so they cover most of it, but this time of year they are a rare find, all the cute shirts have short sleeves or no sleeves. l look forward to any replies from anyone with advice, experience or suggestions on this.  

Dar_Mab
on 7/5/13 9:18 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Jan!   Did a quick scan and I recalled people talking back in the spring about something very similar. Perhaps this thread of suggestions will help: 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4614149/excess-upper-arm-skin/

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

time2changeme
on 7/6/13 12:58 am

Thanks for your help Darlene I will be sure to check this out and see if they have anything that fits!! I need to do something, everything l try on the sleeves are too short and it's not a pretty site! 

Katiebear291
on 7/5/13 11:12 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

i remember that thread and i had saved this link

https://www.sleeveymagic.com/

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

time2changeme
on 7/6/13 12:59 am

Thanks Katie! I'm so glad for any help on this.

Mandalious
on 7/6/13 5:03 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13
My arms suck now, so u know once weight comes off its gonna be worse. I'm in up having to have plastics done.

These sleeve will have to do until I have the
Cash to take care of it

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/13 6:15 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I hear you about the bat wings. I have to look for sleeves that go the elbow because it is really bad. That and the Panni. Good Luck shopping for clothes. Yes it is tough this time of year. Just think of the alternative. I am proud of my wings.

Love Deb

willowraine
on 7/6/13 7:07 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

As much as I hate the bat wings I am also slightly proud of them! I haven't been too concerned about wearing shorter sleeved shirts, mainly because they are so hard to find at this time of the year, plus I'm the exception to being cold post surgery.  I am looking forward to the cooler weather though when it will be easier to cover them up.  I did buy a compression top thing that does have sleeves on it that comes to my elbows.  I haven't worn it yet because I don't have any tops with sleeves long enough to cover it up but I will be trying it in the fall.  I bought it at Winners. 

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

Most Active
Recent Topics