Vomitting yellow bile and some stomach pain

time2changeme
on 7/21/13 1:13 pm

I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or what kind of suggestions you might have for me.

The past few days I have had some stomach pain, followed by vomiting yellow bile, feeling hot and sweaty, an itchy stomach and my stools are very light in colour.  Eventually it passes but it keeps coming back.   Could this be like a mini gall bladder attack or something else?

I had my VSG in October, in May l found out through ultra sound I have gall stones and have had a few severe attacks that I ended up going to emerg for and it was treated with morphine, my surgeon is hoping my gall bladder will wait until l stop losing weight at which time l will have an RNY and my gall bladder removed at the same time.  I am down over 200 lbs now, and it's truly amazing to be able to do so many things l never dreamed l would ever be able to do again. I have already exceeded my surgeon's expectations from my VSG and if l continue to lose I may not even need the RNY.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated so, thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and offer your suggestions.

Monica M.
on 7/21/13 8:20 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

it sounds like gall bladder to me. i hope you get this resolved.

time2changeme
on 7/21/13 11:17 pm

Thanks for your reply Mon! I hope so too! 

Dar_Mab
on 7/21/13 8:32 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Oh dear!  Jan don't mess around. Call your doctor and keep them informed of your pain and how you are feeling 

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

time2changeme
on 7/21/13 11:19 pm

Thanks Dar!  Yes I'm going to call today.

And safe travels to you, enjoy your holiday!

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/13 8:50 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Definitely sounds like gallbladder to me.  Mine got so bad that eventually everything made me vomit up bile including lettuce.  I'd be seeing a doc and soon as you don't want to go through this every day.

time2changeme
on 7/21/13 11:23 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience Tracey!  This bile stuff is wicked coming up and leaves the worst taste in your mouth for days, as I'm sure you know! I am going to call for an appt today.

alysan
on 7/24/13 10:18 pm - Canada

How did u make out?  R your issues resolved?

time2changeme
on 7/26/13 4:03 am

l got ahold of the clinic and since my surgeon is going on holidays today and has been busy in the OR this week, l am waiting to see him on Aug 13th.  In the meantime, she suggested going to emerg when and if this happens again, so he can have a good look at what's been going on, then it's all documented.

undertall
on 7/28/13 7:39 am - Stratford, ON, Canada
RNY on 08/22/13

Oh Jan, don't hesitate going to emerg! Maybe your surgeon will be more inclined to get that gallbladder out of the way if he gets reports from other doctors!! This is no time to shut up and put up - be the squeeky wheel and get greased!! We better be getting together for tea soon...

I'm not overweight, I'm "UnderTall"

Most Active
Recent Topics