Honesty time..

Darksyde
on 7/25/13 3:34 am

So, midway through day 3 of Opti, I totally cheated. I honestly can't wait to get back to work, so I can stop cooking for the kids.  I was making cheese quesadillas for the little ones, and #3 decided he didn't want his second piece.  So I ate it.  And now I feel horrible about it.

Has anyone else cheated? Or am I the only suck here?

be as brutally honest as you like...a public shaming may well be in order.

Orientation - 05/04/13  Social Worker - 08/04/13  Nurse Practitioner - 07/05/13  Nutrition Class - 13/05/13  Psych Assessment - 04/06/19  Nutritionist - 19/06/13  Dr. Urbach - 19/07/13  PATTS - 02/08/13  SURGERY AT TWH - 13/08/13  HW-393 Opti Start-386  SW-347

Caroline K.
on 7/25/13 3:54 am

Having read these forums for a few months, you are definitely not the first and won't be the last.  The general advice seems to be, what's done is done, pick yourself up, don't beat yourself up over it, and do better in the future. Good luck with the rest of the fast!

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/13 3:56 am - Straford, Canada

get over it!  I didn't cheat, as once I started optifast I recognized the surgery was so radical I was about to undergo that screwing it up like I have with so many diets before it would simply lead to poor and predictable results and leave me morbidly obese and generally unhappy.  So, I pulled up my big boy panties and kept with the program.  After 14 months I regret nothing! I miss drinking beverages with meals, but other than that its been a pretty easy journey!  Remember why you're going down this path.  Good luck!  

megan1emma2lilly3
on 7/25/13 4:26 am - dartmouth, Canada

Sometimes we reach out for support (we know what we have done), for a lttle reassurance that our little slips do not become that big slide. Words of encouragment gets us to the end result, sometimes panties, are just too darn tight!

The journey is different for everyone, sometimes it is the cuvres in the road, that make us more successful and the trip more interesting.

Heather

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/13 5:25 am - Straford, Canada

we all use words differently Heather, and so far I think we're all fairly similar in our end message, no folks climbing aboard him for getting off optifast, its also important to know that not everyone cheated on optifast and sometimes the panties are tight because we need to loose weight to fit into them!  kiss

2mar
on 7/25/13 8:43 am
RNY on 09/20/12

well said. 

People are not going to like this what I am going to say... 

I always would like to see "when" somebody had the surgery and "how far they are out" when they are giving feedback. It appears that the ones that are hanging in for longer and are doing well, are a bit more strict with their advise. 

Maybe there is a reason for that.

If you want a soft pillow to fall on - take a pillow.  frown

If you cheat when on optifast - what is it going to be after the surgery:? It will not get easier.

On the other hand - I applaud you for saying it out loud that you cheated - but if you want to do well after the surgery for a long time... you need to get with the program. 

Sorry - but I get to get it our of me....  This is a last chance guys! Take it or not. It is not a fun ride. But it is possible. 

Go for it - and take it seriously. 

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

sublimechick
on 7/25/13 4:59 am - Canada

DUDE!! I cheated a couple times too!!!! And I still lost 14 lbs in 14 days! I felt horrible also but it was early on like you....like day 2-4 or something and I got over the urge by looking at all my hot skinny model friends and said I DONT NEED FOOD TO RULE MY LIFE I am gonna get healthy, get fit and do it right!

So You are not the only one!! You are totally normal and dont feel too bad. Just pick up where you left and try again. You are doing the right thing.

Also, dont let anybody bring you down about it!!!! WE ARE ALL HUMAN!!!!!!!

Goood luck to you!!

Wont be long til you're on the bench :)

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Pawsitive_One
on 7/25/13 5:11 am
RNY on 07/02/13

GASP!!!!

You get forty lashes with an invisible wet noodle!!  lol 

And guess what?  You're human.  Just be more mindful the next time around is all and remember what your goal is.  I'll go put away my invisible noodles now. 

RnY: July 2nd, 2013

gwynnkitty
on 7/25/13 5:20 am - North York, Canada

Dude. Take a deep breath. In fact, take two deep breaths.

Then repeat after me: I made a mistake. I'm human. I know what I did wasn't in my best interests, and I know I'm taking these steps to better my health, my life, and my family.

Just remember this: yes, it sucks. But it's 3 weeks, and it's to prepare you for a HUGE change in your life. Write it out. Talk about it. Do whatever you have to do - this is YOUR journey. 

Then, get away from the food. ;)

(And please....remind me of ALL OF THIS when it's my turn on Opti!!)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

Nathalie_Can
on 7/25/13 5:28 am

I didn't cheat on the Opti stage....but what I did was, everytime you eat something you feel guilty of eating, no matter if it's an apple or chocolate, try and sit after and really try to realize what you just did and WHY?  it was a big eye opener for me on a couple of occasions....helps us realize for next time...well at least it did for me because now, I never eat anymore just because I'm happy.....lol

and btw, there is no such thing as "cheating"...only that we were told NOT to eat...lol...which we need to follow because there's an obvious reason to............but I was 425 not because I cheated, it's because I wanted what I wanted when I wanted it...lol

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Most Active
Recent Topics