Hey Folks...is there light at the end of the tunnel??

aamber02
on 8/3/13 7:20 am

It can be a tough decision to make, congratulations on committing yourself to a healthier lifestyle. I've read that it can take a little while for your body to adjust, you develop a new center of gravity because of the fast weight loss and aches can occur while your body adjusts to your new self.
I lived in Moosonee for a few months while in the Katimavik program, fell in love with it there and Moose Factory.

Best of luck :)

Referral: July 11, 2013         Surgery: July 14, 2014

zephie
on 8/4/13 6:52 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Sure is a small world...I love it here and will never go back south..well not to live at least!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Christine C.
on 8/3/13 10:24 am - Canada

I have severe arthritis (hips and knees) as well. I cannot move a great deal a will have a hip replacement within 5 months. Since my RNY I am in less pain, have more agility that will only get better with time. My doctor surpervises pain management for me until after the hip replacement. You have everything to look forward to hang in there.   

zephie
on 8/4/13 6:55 am - Moose Factory, Canada

The doctor told me that if I don't get 100 lbs gone ...within 5 yrs I'll need 2 new knees...but with the surgery and the weight loss he can almost guarantee that I'll die with the knees I have....so I said...bring on the surgery!!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics