Spanx etc.

aidan
on 8/6/13 12:54 am - Canada

Hi All,

So I have a wedding coming up in two weeks and I bought a beautiful dress....in a size 14 might I add! My lower tummy is already severly droopy and jiggly and will leave me self concious the entire evening. So what do you all recommend...is spanx the only way to go? I still would need probably a 1x.

Mary A.
on 8/6/13 1:14 am

spanx is wonderful...and under a beautiful dress not only will it smooth anything out, it will no doubt make you walk taller in order to have a better posture...all in all, you will look amazing.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

zillah
on 8/6/13 6:35 am

A lot of the ladies buy their foundation garments at Walmart They have the same  thing only it has their name on it.  The cost is much cheaper and if your not at your goal weight yet you probably don't want to pay too much money.

reliena
on 8/6/13 7:06 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

The company that makes Spanx has a cheaper version available at the Bay called "Assets". I actually prefer them to the Higher Power Spanx because they don't have the weird crotch opening. I get that the opening is so you can wear them as panties and pee without pulling them down, but NO WAY was I ever going to do that, and I always wished the opening wasn't there. So I highly recommend Assets high waist panties. You can get them without the thigh shaping!

Katiebear291
on 8/6/13 7:38 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

if you don't want to do the whole spanx things consider control top pantyhose or control top underwear?  There are tons of varieties of shapewear!  just gotta find one you like - try the bay.

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

hibbyangel
on 8/6/13 8:41 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

you can buy a slip that controls everything and has a bra built in. I bought one a few years ago and it works amazing..and you don't get the lines

willowraine
on 8/6/13 12:37 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
I've bought a few compression garments at Winners....they are way cheaper there. I also bought a couple of Fat Free Dressing bottom/underwear things that go up to my rib cage. They were $20 for two pairs.

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

Most Active
Recent Topics