Eating healthy and ENJOYING it!! That's just crazy.

anniechanging
on 8/16/13 2:57 am

So I'm having lunch at my desk as I write this...the same thing I basically eat each day at work - 2 Baby Bell lite cheeses, raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas and very sweet yellow cherry tomatoes from my garden), light dip, and crackers.  I even save the crackers until the end, which I never would have done in my pre-surgery life!   I marvel each and every day how much I actually enjoy this meal, and other healthy meals that I now eat.  Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, chia and hemp seeds is wonderfully tasty!  (Is this me talking???)

I feel better  - physically, emotionally and mentally when I stay on track and eat healthy meals and focus on the protein (although it can be difficult).  Eating healthy on a regular basis, and eating in moderation is a completely new lifestyle for me.  I'm a vegetarian and my four basic food groups used to consist of: Bagels/Muffins/Bread/Donuts/Cereal, Chocolate, Pasta/Pizza, and Diet Coke. 

People and books warned me that WLS patients' tastes change, and there were lots of things that were truly repulsive during the months after surgery, but I'm glad that I'm enjoying some healthy foods.  I just wish that all the crappy foods I listed above turned me off, but they still call to me, and I sometimes answer, to my detriment.  (Why couldn't I have been blessed with Dumping Syndrome?!)   But thinking about the Size 2 jeans that I bought last week, and am wearing today (un-friggin' believable!!!!!) helps to keep me on track, most days.  SO THRILLED AT HOW THIS SURGERY HAS CHANGED MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER!!!!!  Yes, I know that I'm in my honeymoon phase now, and it's still relatively easy.  Thank you to all the supportive people on this site.  I just gotta start exercising!!

I had my surgery last November.  HW = 230. SW = 228. GWs = 150 / 138 / 128.  CW = 123 !!!

kristaeb
on 8/16/13 3:29 am

Congrats, and great job...Thank-you for a great post.....Krista..broken heart

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

MarkES
on 9/21/13 11:06 pm - Oshawa, Canada

Hello Annie,

My wife is sitting here at 230 LBs (like when you started) and is about to start her journey and is so shocked that you are down to a size TWO (she is size 22).  She can't fathom/imagine being almost half the size she is now.  She asked me congratulate you on your success.

Mark & Roslyn (a recent wedding photo of us in my profile).

Ref Jul 4, 2012,  Orientation Aug 27,  Surgeon Aug 31, RD Sept 18,  SW RD & RN Oct 18, Internist Nov 5, Surgeon Nov 21,  PATTS Nov 29, Surgery Dec 14,2012 (HRRH - Dr Sohi).

Most Active
Recent Topics