A vent a call for help but not looking for sympathy or pitty

Elisabeth G.
on 8/19/13 1:53 pm - Windsor, Canada

I am 13.5 months post op and have been having "complications" for a year now. It started last August with vomiting and nauseea and extreme abdominal pain 13 visits to my local ER and they couldn't figure out what was wrong called TWH and was told to get there asap I went was admitted within an hour of being there tests were ordered and still no answers finally with the aide of exploratory surgery found out the cause I had 4 bands of scar tissue causeing a blockage in two spots on my bypassed part of my small intesine. In all of this my got pregnant after battling infertility for ten years. I enjoyed 2 months of being pain free then in December the pain came back in pretty much the same spot lower right side of my abdomen think of where your appendix would be and it raidiates up my entire rigt side of my abdomen and into my rib cage.  I spent a week in the hospital while they tried t figure out what to do with me as there was a lot of imaging and tests I couldn't have done while pregnant.had seven ultrasounds while I was in the hospital then an MRI two weeks after i got out.  All that was ruled out is it wasn't my appendix

Since they couldn't figure anything out the many doctors I have been too said it will more then likely go away one my son was born. My son is now two months old and the pain has gotten worse to the point that I am now on morphine to control it.  The nausea and vomiting have increased all I can seem to tolerate is liquids even full fluids doesn't always sit well.  So I am pretty much living on glucerna meal replacements because I can keep those down.

In these last two months I have had another ultrasound a contrast ct and have had one ER visit because my pain was unreal

I have dropped 6 pounds since friday when my team of health care professionals have said to not loe any more weight until they figure out what is wrong with me 

I have a referral into a gastrointestional doctor have yet to get my appointment.

About the only thing that has been answered is why I have been having fainting spells turns out my blood pressure bottoms out and my body an not compensate fast enough the solution eat more salt and keep hydrated.

I am just so fed up of constantly feeling sick I am greatful for the good things the surgery has given me such as my son 

Is there anyone else out there with anything similar going on?  I am not looking or medical advice as I do have a team of doctors looking after me

I am almost wondering if I shuld go back to Toronto and see if they can help me

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/13 6:21 pm - Straford, Canada

sorry you're having such problems!  I would be back in Toronto, no question!  Wishing you and your son much future happiness! 

JJ_
on 8/19/13 9:24 pm

Hi Elizabeth.  If I was in your shoes, I would be back in Toronto getting checked out by the bariatric team that looked after my surgery.  Congrats on the birth of your son.

Sending prayers your way.

Judy

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/19/13 9:45 pm - Windsor, Canada

Same thing I said before. Call Toronto. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Monica M.
on 8/19/13 10:42 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

congratulations on your son! You must be so happy about that!!

I would definitely get in contact with your bariatric team and get this sorted out.

Hugs and hugs and more hugs.

Monica

Gabygee
on 8/19/13 11:13 pm - Canada

Take this seriously.

Something is definitely not right, and it sounds like they need to get back in there and scope you.

Everyone else is right - going to Toronto to have it checked our properly is the way to go.

You can't go on like this.

Most Active
Recent Topics