GOING TO APPOINTMENTS ALONE?

Bellafeega
on 8/23/13 10:47 pm - Toronto, Canada

Oh sugar plum! Don't feel bad i went through every single appointment alone and I didn't mind. I just relayed all information to my mom upon return. And besides she was there when I really needed her the day of surgery! *hugs* You just bring back the paperwork and go over it all with them and it'll be like they never missed a thing!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: April 30th 2013  Orientation:  May 27th 2013   Meet Dr Huynh: June 4th 2013

RD and RN: June 5th 2013  SW: June 11th 2013   Dr Glazer: July 3rd 2013  2nd Meeting with Dr Huynh: July 18th 2013  SW: July 18th 2013 Sleep Test: July 16th  Follow Up With Dr Glazer: July 22nd 2012  Patts: July25th Surgery: August 7th 2013!!!!!!!!!

Marevic
on 8/26/13 6:19 am - Canada

I had the opportunity to bring someone at my appointments but I chose not to. This is MY life...MY choice. It was something I felt i needed to do on my own. It was also a way of knowing that i was DAMN serious about this! I understand that we all need support and I am sure we all have support when and if we need it. but for the most part I didn't feel i needed support during my appointments.

Don't worry about it. you will be just fine!

Good Luck.

pink7sadie
on 8/27/13 6:02 am

Thank you all for your heartfelt replies. I certainly do feel better about going to my appointments on my own.  I have a journal and I'm very diligent about writing everything down (otherwise I KNOW I won't remember). 

As others have said, I will have support when I need it the most.  My husband will be there for any appointments I can't go alone to, and he will be there for my surgery. 

I have an amazing support group in place for when I need it.

Most Active
Recent Topics