Please help me figure out if i want a Fitbit for my birthday

JenH1969
on 8/25/13 8:41 am, edited 8/25/13 8:42 am - Brighton, Ontario, Canada

Are people still using them?

what do you love about it?

I think I am finally getting back on track and thought it may be something I would like to get for my birthday but really don't know that much about it.

thanks

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

2mar
on 8/25/13 9:17 am
RNY on 09/20/12

Depends what you like. I have one and I don't always use it. 

I set my own fitness program and prefer to go to the gym and aquafit. If you are planning of doing a lot of walking / running that it could be helpful. If you are doing a lot of other activities - you might want to think about it some some. 

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/25/13 9:27 am - Windsor, Canada

I agree.  It's great if you are or want to become a big runner and walker.  I love mine 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Laurie C.
on 8/25/13 10:18 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I wear mine everyday, I walk about 5 km daily and am thinking about increasing that

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

muknanav
on 8/25/13 12:12 pm - Erin, Canada

I'm addicted to mine. It has totally changed the way I look at exercise. I have increased my activity levels SO much. I love the way it challenges you to get badges, compete with friends or just yourself. Very, very motivational. Love it!

Anita

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

jellyfishattack
on 8/25/13 1:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi :)

I've heard that Fitbits can be used with cellphones to track calories, etc., but you need a smartphone and I have the cheapest cell on the market and I've got a pay as you go plan too.  If that isn't the correct info, someone please correct me (and excuse me).

I think Fitbit is made by Apple, so I for those two reasons, I will just buy myself a regular pedometer.  I've got nothing against people who buy Apple stuff, I just don't myself.

I have procrastinated long enough, so I'll go out and look for a pedometer tomorrow when it rains here.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Monica M.
on 8/25/13 8:17 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

i like mine, it gives me a realistic interpretation of how active i've been in a day. I strive to get my steps up over 10000, and that's a motivator for me.

JenH1969
on 8/25/13 9:31 pm - Brighton, Ontario, Canada

Thanks everyone, I am mainly a walker exercise wise - 

if I get one, which one is best? 

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/13 6:30 am - Canada

I also have a FitBit Flex and I love it!  The fact that it is waterproof makes it ideal for swimmers and you needn't remove it in the bath or shower also.  You can synch your fitbit with myfitnesspal if you use it, so you arent tracking your food twice.  Also, it gives you info about your sleep patterns which has been an "eye opener" for me, just to see how restless I am at night.  I awaken on average 15 times a night and I suspect now that I have sleep apnea, which is prompting me to have my doctor refer me for a sleep study, sooner rather then later!

solongtubby
on 8/26/13 12:40 am
I love my fitbit flex. It's not an Apple product. I love how it syncs with myfitnesspal and I also love the feature whereby you let fitbit calculate how many calories you should eat daily and it will tell you through your smart phone if you need to eat about more or exercise a bit more. It's really a great tool that I use daily. I like to swim in the morning so I track that on my fitbit as well.

Nora

RNY with Dr. Huynh June 5, 2013.

Most Active
Recent Topics