Scope & Ultrasound

shoshanaApr2013
on 8/27/13 7:29 am
Hi there. Is every patient required to get a scope and ultrasound done, or is it only as needed? If it is required, at what point in the process do they do it? I'm at HRRH. Thanks!

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Brats1979
on 8/27/13 7:59 am
I've been through the process in Windsor and it was a requirement for us! If I remember correctly at your first or second appointment with the team they send the requisitions out to your doctor to order them....stay on top of the doctors office about this as mine seemed to be misplaced a lot! The hospital sends a copy of the report back to your dr and he forwards it on to the clinic...you can also ask the hospital ( or wherever you get the work done) to fax a copy to your bariatric clinic directly.
Hope this helps

If you want a jump on it ask your doctor to order them now
Brats1979
on 8/27/13 8:01 am
I should clarify, it was an abdominal ultra sound and a barium swallow....possible scope depending on findings
jellyfishattack
on 8/27/13 10:11 am, edited 8/27/13 10:12 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi Shoshana,

I  went through TWH, where they seem to do tests on an as needed basis.

I was asked if I had had trouble with ulcers or stomach pain and whether I had any trouble swallowing.  I said that in the past, when I had had months of ongoing dental work done, I had taken too much Advil over a long period of time and needed to take Tecta (I think that was what it was called) for about 5-6 weeks because my stomach hurt & I also said that I was now very sensitive to that effect of any NSAIDs.

But, the only tests they did on me were blood work and 3 EKGs (as well as the usual MRSA swabs at PATTS).  I think they did the third EKG because my pulse was very rapid.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

gonna_B_thinner
on 8/27/13 11:41 am

I just had those tests done last week......I am going though Guelph.  They are tests in the package we get at orientation and they want them done if possible before you see the RN,SW, RD.  My family doctor ordered them. 

Most Active
Recent Topics