Plastic Surgery Doctors

Donna E.
on 9/10/13 11:16 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12

OHIP has approved me for a breast reduction and I am self paying for a tummy tuck or panni removal.  I haven't decided what to do about my stomach yet?  Any suggestions to help me decide would be greatly appricated.

Also,

I had a consultation with Dr. Martin and Dr. Kreidstein.

Dr. Kreidstein has good reviews, does not use drains, you always get an answer when you call his office, but he is $2000.00 more.

Dr. Martin does not have a website and so no reviews, and when you call his office, you almost always get an answering machine, but he is $2000.00 less.

Any suggestions about what Dr. to chose?

Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/13 11:44 am
Go to ratemds.com
Don't know which dr Martin it is but dr Kreidstein has 70 reviews in him plus 4.5 out of 5 stars. Reading reviews can help. Good luck
Donna E.
on 9/15/13 1:53 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12

Thanks for the site.

merly6800
on 9/10/13 11:43 pm - Canada

Hi, I had Dr. Nandagopal at Scarborough General and highly recommend him.

My sister will be having surgery with Dr. Kreidstein.  She seems to like him.

Marilynn

Donna E.
on 9/15/13 1:54 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12

Thank you for the post.

I tried to see Dr. Nan, but the wait is over a year and I am not that patient.

Megan M.
on 9/11/13 2:43 am - Canada

I am almost 6 weeks post tuck with Dr. Kreidstein.  He may be more, but after my experience, I would say he is worth it.  No drains, incision line that is starting to look pencil-thin, no complications so far.  I am very happy with my results.  Highly recommend this exceptional doctor.  You are right - someone always pleasantly answers the phone.  I used email and always got a response from him within a couple of hours.  If you choose him, you won't be making a mistake.  Good luck.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Donna E.
on 9/15/13 1:56 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12

Thanks for the first hand advice.

I do prefer him, but the extra cost is my big factor.

I am trying to keep in mind that the extra $2000 for a lifetime of how I look is nothing.

Lorraine M.
on 9/11/13 1:22 pm, edited 9/11/13 1:25 pm - Canada

Hi Donna,

I saw both Nandagopal and Dr Martin (for second time yesterday). I have decided on Dr Martin for a number of reasons. I got ohip approval for my panni and I am upgrading to a fleur di lis tummy tuck and a breast lift with back extension. That will be done all at once. I also wanted my arms and thighs at a later date. My good friend JudyL had dr martin do her breast reduction and tummy tuck just this past april and she was 100% happy with her results. She was over at my condo pool yesterday and I can tell you she looks fantastic. Her recovery was very easy and she said she hardly had any pain. She did have 2 drains but they wern't any problem. He was very attentive throughout her recovery. Both surgeons are very nice. Dr Nando wanted double the price for arms and legs that dr martin quoted me. I want to use the same surgeon for all my plastics. Dr Martin is also much closer to where i live and it will be much more convenient for the followup appointments. The wait list for Dr Nanda is much longer mostly due to the unavailability of OR's at Scarb General. Dr Martin had a slot for me on Oct 31st and that is what I will be going for. 

I am sure there are many competent surgeons out there. Pricing, location, and convenient surgical date were big considerations for me as well as my comfort level. You need to make the decision that is right for you. By the way I was surprised to hear that there is HST on the cosmetic portion (non ohip) portion of the surgery. That can really add up. Were you quoted HST by both your surgeons?

PaulaToronto
on 9/14/13 9:12 am - Toronto, Canada

I am not familiar with Dr. Martin, can you provide his contact info.  What hospital does he work out of? Do you need a referral?

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Donna E.
on 9/15/13 2:01 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12

Dr. Martin is on Keele St.

His phone number is 416-244-5506

Most Active
Recent Topics