Got my 1st Surgeon appt.

pink7sadie
on 10/4/13 12:24 am

HOLY CRAP!!!! I got my first surgeon appointment.  I'm freaking out.  I'm nervous, excited, I don't even know what!?  This is all becoming so real! 

I just recently posted about possibly starting a new job and wondering if I should tell my potential future employer about my upcoming surgery even though I have no dates.  Well, I have to question that again, as I now have a surgeon's appointment.

I'm at HRRH and my surgeon will be Dr. Kline.  Can I get some feedback from those at HRRH and also specifically with Dr. Kline?

Also, any idea on time line?

And of course I could use encouragement because I think the biggest emotion I'm feeling now is fear.

REFERRED: June 19, 2013, ORIENTATION: September 23, 2013,1st SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. October 10, 2013 RN / SW / NUT: December 20, 2013 DR. GLAZER: January 7, 2014 2nd SW / NUT: February 14, 2013, 2nd SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. March 31, 2014, 2nd APPT. DR. GLAZER: February 4, 2015   PATTS: February 19, 2015 SURGERY: March 13, 2015

Pawsitive_One
on 10/4/13 2:29 am
RNY on 07/02/13

Hi pink7sadie, I think its safe to say we have all felt nervous or some degree of fear leading up to surgery and its completely normal and natural especially considering its a new and life altering experience...for the better!  One thing I do recommend to better prepare yourself is to learn as much as you can about the procedure...the more you know and understand how to use this tool, the better you will be post-op.    And yes, the surgery is a weight loss tool and not a magic fix - the surgeon does his/her part but you still need to do yours by adhering to the information packages that HRRH gives you pre and post op.      As for surgeons, you're in very good hands with Dr. Klein!  He was my surgeon and he has been awesome.  He's very patient and easy to talk to and will answer/explain anything you ask him.    He also co-wrote a book called  The Complete Weight-Loss Surgery Guide & Diet Program - this book informs you of what to expect pre and post op as well as has many yummy recipes!  I have it here at home and can honestly say it has been a great help while I continue my journey. 

Everyone's time varies between their first surgeon's appointment and the actual surgery date plus there's some waiting for certain pre-op tests that you may or may not have to do like a sleep study for instance.    As for your potential new job, I would tell them only when you have an actual surgery date booked and not sooner...but that's just my 2 cents!

Try not to stress yourself out with worry/fear ...instead learn as much as you can about the procedure and new eating lifestyle.  There's lots of information online as well as the "search" button that you see in the upper right hand corner on this website.  Good luck with the new job and see you on the bench soon!

RnY: July 2nd, 2013

Nerak
on 10/4/13 7:14 am - Canada

Hi Pink! First, congrats on your upcoming appointment! One step at a time. It is a bit scary as it gets more real isn't it? I'm less than two weeks away and I feel 5% fear and 95% happiness. I hope you have good support, talk it out. I don't know about your doctor, I'm in Ottawa. 

Take care and best wishes!

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
MAKIING A BIG LIFE CHANGE...
lexxiblue · 1 replies · 48 views
My Last Post
Synclair · 1 replies · 59 views
Starting my journey
meontheweb · 4 replies · 63 views