St. Joes - Hamilton Wait Times.

Loaf
on 10/3/13 11:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

How freaking Depressing.  I called the Clinic Yesterday to see if I could get on some sort of cancelation list for my Orientation.

I was told the following

"We do not have a cancelation list"    Freaking Great.  Okay.  So then I asked her what the time frame is, and what the status of my Wife's Step 2.

The answer i received was even worse.

For Me.  Orientation in Jan 2014,  Step 2 May. (Possibly).....possibly

My wife.  Had her orientation in June.  I asked about her.  Told they are running behind and should would probably get info in the mail about her step 2 in a month or so. which will probably lead her to getting her meeting in March…

The timelines are so frustrating.  I understand that life is long.. on the grand scheme of things, 7 months is nothing. and I am sure that there are people in much worse shape than I am.  It’s still disappointing.

I am at the point that I have made the decision, I want my life to move forward, and I am stuck in a place where I am waiting on other people to pull there **** together so I can move forward.  I know that the surgery is not a fix, but a tool.. well goddammit I want my tool…

The need to be independently wealthy has never been so prevalent.

Sigh… Thanks for listening, just feeling crabby on a rainy Friday…      

PS.

Pass the Bacon.

Hanneli xoxo
on 10/4/13 12:22 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

mmmm bacon

S_Tucker1
on 10/4/13 2:05 am

I was referred by my doctor in August 2012, I had my Orientation in March 2013; just had my Nutrition and Psych assessments as well as my gastroscopy in September.  At the time, the nurse said they were booking surgeries into January at this point.  At the Orientation Session, they told me my surgery, if approved, would likely be in the Spring 2014.  Almost 2 years since I was referred!!

Be patient, the nurse told me I might have surgery in February or March 2014- but no guarantees- it all depends on how many hours the Bariatric Surgeon is given in the operating room.  So it's sooner than I thought but still- the wait times are terrible for Hamilton compared to HRRH or TWH.   I got the impression from the nurse that they were trying to speed the process up.  Good Luck!

burg_vs
on 10/4/13 4:52 am

I had my orientation in oct 2012 in hamilton and didn't have my surgery until sept 2013 because of cancelled appointments and lost test results.  It was frustrating but it gives you time to prepare and do lots of research.  It will get here faster than you know.

Loaf
on 10/4/13 5:04 am, edited 10/4/13 5:09 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Thanks Everybody for taking time to reply.

I know that things will be hear before i know it.  But when you are waiting for a letter in the Mail, it seems to take forever.

Leafchick17
on 11/28/13 7:01 am
RNY on 04/14/14

I know this is an older thread but I had my orientation at St. Joes in July of this year.  I just got my letter this week for my first appointments - not until May!  I called the clinic when I hadn't heard anything and was told they are way behind and short staffed.  On a positive all the requisitions for blood work, ECG and ultrasound were sent to my family doctor so I can get those done on my own within 2 months of my first appointments.  It is very frustrating after making the decision and getting pumped after orientation just to hurry up and wait but we need to keep our eye on the prize.  We will forget what the waiting felt like when we are enjoying our new lifestyle : )

Orientation Hamilton: July 22, 2013 Ultrasound: December 18, 2013 Bloodwork/ECG: January 29, 2014 Nutritionist/Social Worker/RN: February 12, 2014 Gastroscopy: March 4, 2014 Internist: March 6, 2014 Surgeon: March 13, 2014 (cancelled by clinic) Echocardiogram: March 19, 2014 Rescheduled Surgeon: April 1, 2014 SURGERY: April 14/14

Most Active
Recent Topics