It's all just a breathe away!!

zephie
on 10/8/13 3:35 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Well folks 2 weeks from today I'll be joining you all on that famous "Bench" that I have been hearing about for so long now. I have lost 25 lbs since last summer and still have 2 weeks of Opti to go. My adult daughter Jen had her RNY in early July and it has been such a blessing to be there with her through her journey.  It has allowed me to be know and understand what to expect along the process. She is doing so well....65 lbs gone...she can run now..exercises daily...did a 5 km marathon less than a month after surgery...her energy level is fabulous!! My knees and legs are waiting with baited breathe to feel some relief that is just around the corner.....I'm in a catch 22 situation as my knees are bad enough that they totally need less weight on them so they can carry me around to do what I need to do in the future...but I am looking forward to the challenge and healing well!!!This forum has answered my question...alaid my fears...inspired me.....encouraged me....thanks so much!!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Sunny123
on 10/8/13 3:41 am
RNY on 12/05/13

So happy to hear you're almost there!  You must be really excited.  It's nice to hear of your daughter's progress, you must be proud of her!

Wishing you all the best!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

zephie
on 10/8/13 3:46 am - Moose Factory, Canada

I am very proud of her....and this whole process for me has been so fast and easy that sometimes I feel like I flew under the radar..but doc say even at 64 I'm good to go!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

Patm
on 10/8/13 5:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck. It is great to have older people on here also getting this live saying surgery. Congrats also to your daughter.

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/13 10:01 am - Straford, Canada

Have a grand two weeks on optifast.  As much as I didn't like my three weeks on it I kind of missed it post surgery.  It was too easy, which was good!  Looking forward to hearing about you joining your daughter on one of those 5k's! kiss

1greeneyedgirl
on 10/8/13 11:13 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

All the best and congratulations, it's great you have your daughter to lead the way, great support.

Cathy xo

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

zephie
on 10/8/13 1:03 pm - Moose Factory, Canada

Thanks all....will be keeping you all updated!!

burg_vs
on 10/8/13 10:26 pm

Good luck with opti!  It will be over before you know it!  

gardeninggal
on 10/9/13 9:40 am - Midland, Canada

Great news zephie!  I was one of the Opti people that quite enjoyed it and enjoyed the 'no brainer' of what to eat.  You are positive and sounds like you are a great coach for your daughter as well.  Keep us posted on your progress and big hugs to you bothkiss p.s. I am in the 'old crowd' as well lol

nancy

Most Active
Recent Topics