stress testing

spicy_cyn
on 10/22/13 3:35 am - Welland, Canada
Next Monday I go back to Hamilton's St. Joe's for my stress test. I was told it is the last step before seeing the surgeon. I am kind of worried about not doing well on this test. My ankle is still in the healing process and I am off my arthritis medication. I hope that I can pass this test with ease.
Patm
on 10/22/13 4:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You might want to tape your ankle. If by treadmill they can not get your heat rate up high enough for the test they can inject a drug to do it. Good luck

merry1
on 10/22/13 6:36 am - Canada

Mine didn't take very long, maybe my heart was really pounding but it seemed like i was walking (or rather trying to run) quickly.  It went by fast.  After you get off the treadmill remember to lie down quick so they can ultra sound you heart while it is beating so fast.  Also tell them about your ankle too.  They are all so really nice, they will help you as much as they can. I was nervous too but they were all so sweet it made me feel quite relaxed.

spicy_cyn
on 10/22/13 7:13 am - Welland, Canada
Thank you for making me feel better. I am glad that everyone is so nice here.
burg_vs
on 10/22/13 9:50 am

I don't recall having a test where I had to walk on a treadmill.  I went thru Hamilton.  Is this common?

Most Active
Recent Topics