5 days post op surgery in Ottawa with Dr Neville

Nerak
on 10/21/13 11:04 am - Canada

Aside from a couple of nurses I wasn't fond of - wow what a team! From beginning to end I was well cared for by the doctors, nurses, orderlies, and I am so very grateful for their support. I had a slight collapse in my left lung and so, did not get home until Sunday afternoon. I have to breathe deelpy although I did walk around quite a bit (more than just about anyone else on the floor)! I met a couple of women from our area. Nice ladies. Beautiful room too!

I have eaten three protein shakes, chicken broth with ginger soaked in it, lots of h20 and look forward to feeling really well; This forum has been very helpful-thank u

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Sunny123
on 10/21/13 11:27 am
RNY on 12/05/13

So sorry to hear about your lung - I hope you're feeling better soon.

Heal well!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Patm
on 10/21/13 1:05 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you are okay now. ood luck with your recovery

nani911
on 10/21/13 10:14 pm - Canada
Slight lung collapse?? Can u share more?
Vickie    
Nerak
on 10/21/13 11:38 pm - Canada

hi v

not sure what more to share about it except that it is a fairly common post op complication. Happily, I followed the advice I was given to breathe deeply when I could and to walk a lot. so that's it. that's what I did - I'm on the mend!

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

jen1016
on 10/23/13 6:16 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

Sorry to hear you didn't like your nurses ... I liked mine when I was there!  How did you find Dr. Neville?

Nerak
on 10/23/13 7:44 am - Canada

I didn't say I didn't like my nurses.. I said that I didn't like a couple of my nurses but overall they were outstanding . I have the utmost respect for dr Neville - she's exceptional!

Nerak

Most Active
Recent Topics