Follow Up with the Social Worker

jolemalamb
on 10/23/13 12:10 am - Sutton West, Canada

Hi there

I had my RN/RD/SW appointments at Humber 6 weeks ago. After speaking with the social worker, she decided that she wanted me to work on my emotional eating for 6 weeks, using some tips and links she gave me. She set up a follow up interview over the phone for today.

I hope everything goes well, and that I am cleared to move on to the next step in the process (appointment with surgeon to book a surgery date). I have done everything I can think of. I was upset to be set back for 6 weeks, but I think it actually has really helped me. I am trying to change the way I think about food.

Wish me luck! I am not sure what she will ask me, but I'm kind of nervous about it!

SuzieQ11
on 10/23/13 12:43 am - Whitby, Canada

I too, had a setback with the SW at Humber. He wanted me back a month later (giving me an opportunity to implement some of the strategies in the book "Mindless Eating"). While I was upset that it set me back a month, I feel more confident now. In the follow up appt, he just asked me what I had learned and what I had focused on in the last month. I felt that the book had really resonated with me, and I just went over some of the more interesting facts that I had discovered, and how it had opened my eyes to strategies I could easily integrate into my daily life.

You'll do fine. Just concentrate on current knowledge and anything you have learned over the past 6 weeks.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll rock it!

Susan

Referral: May 25th, 2013 / Orientation: June 17th. / Dr. Glazer: Sept. 3./ RN/RD/SW: Sept 5./ Follow up SW October 4 / 2nd appt with Dr. Klein: Oct 30 / Surgery date: Jan 15

Patm
on 10/23/13 12:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

They have actually done you a favor. I did not start working on my emotional eating until 18 mths out. I wish I had done it sooner. For me it will always be a trigger but at least I am learning to react differently

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/13 1:27 am

ditto to everything eberyone else said.

i'm impressed they screened you so thoroughly and implimented a regime for you to follow prior to a re-evaluation.

imho, this is not done enough.

all the best today.

jolemalamb
on 10/23/13 1:33 am - Sutton West, Canada

Woot woot!! All done. That wasn't bad at all.

Now... just have to hear from the surgeon. I need a surgery date!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics