Silly Question

Derek C.
on 10/30/13 12:21 am - North Bay , Canada

After my Upper and Lower GI last Thursday the Dr gave me a prescription for Pantaprazole to help out my small ulcer that they found i my stomach.  Since ive been taking them , my stomach has been a mess - painful , to the point that im lying down to try and will away the pain .  Now i have contacted TWH to get a medical opinion , but ill throw it out to you great people to see if anyone has experienced similar experiences 

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Catw
on 10/30/13 12:51 am - Arnprior, Canada

I haven't had an upper or lower GI, but that doesn't sound right.  It sounds like you're having a side effect of the med.  I just looked up Pantaprazole on line, and it says it's time released.  I'm surprised it was prescribed to you as anything I've been told, we can't take time release pills because of our new pouch.  I could be wrong.  Hopefully TWH will be able to give you some answers.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/13 12:59 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Derek, I had an endoscopy a few years ago and I ended up in pain after the scope from the biopsies they did.  I had no symptoms prior to the scope but ended up in a lot of pain after the scope.  I ended up going on Pariet for 2 weeks but it took a few days to feel any difference.  I'd call your pharmacist and ask if what you are feeling are known side effects and if not then wait to hear what TWH says as it could just be something similar to what happened to me.  Them poking around aggravated things in there.

Derek C.
on 10/30/13 1:10 am - North Bay , Canada

Thanks Everyone ... Yeah for sure Tracey - there had to be some aggravation for sure - the nurse prac from TWH is going to get back to me this aft 

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics