Emergency Surgery

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/13 7:22 am - Canada
So after 13 months post op without a problem i headed into KGH emergency here in Kingston on nov. 1 with stomach pain, i mean real bad pain. It turns out i had a ulser right below my pouch on my small intestine. Just got home today. But holy crap that was painfull. The surgeons at KGH took great care of me as well as the nurses and pca's. Nothing but top notch people there. Lets hope it doesn't happen again but they said it is common for this to happen to people who had gastric bypass surgery. Just glad its over and i am home. I have a pretty big scar to add to my collection on my stomach too.
Hennagirliegirl
on 11/7/13 7:24 am - Canada

Sorry to hear about your setback, but great news that it all turned out well! Glad you are home recovering.

Did you have to start back at clear flds etc...?

Terri

Northernlightsmom
on 11/7/13 7:29 am - Canada

So sorry to hear you had to endure all that pain. Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/13 7:43 am

so sorry to hear this has happened to you.  i am glad you felt confident in the care you received and you are home now.  heal well and all the best!

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/13 7:52 am - Canada
I can apparently eat anything that i could before they say. But i am taking it very easy. I am at soft food stage basically. My pouch feels very small right now.
chipmunk_roasting
on 11/7/13 8:21 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Owwww!  I'm sorry to hear this, and am glad you received such excellent care.  Heal well!

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/13 8:24 am - Canada
On a brighter note, due to my hospital stay i have hit my double century mark. 201 pounds lost from higest weight
merry1
on 11/7/13 8:54 am - Canada

Congrats!  That's a silver lining for sure.  Were you taking an acid reducer?  Just wondering because I do and still my stomach feels like it is not a happy camper sometimes.  It has a mind of its own.  I'm thinking of giving it a name...HA!  Glad you are home and feeling better!

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/13 9:07 am - Canada
No i was not using an acid reducer but am now on a prescription for that.
time2changeme
on 11/7/13 10:57 am

Oh my! Sorry to hear you had to experience this, lets hope it's just a one time occurence.

Wishing you all the best during your recovery!  Big Hugs! 

Most Active
Recent Topics