Plastics, extra skin

franky13
on 11/6/13 10:57 pm

I am doing my homework early I know, but I know I'm gonna need some work done after all this...

Just wondering what/when and how plastic are decided?

Do you have to be 2 yrs post op?

What can u have covered and what would be the guidelines for that?

My family doc is not that worldly and is not sure

I know my breast reduction will be covered (needed it for years).

Anyone know costs of arms, tummy and inner thighs?  Any great doctor experiences, I am about 1 hr from Toronto...we do have a small plastic surgery clinic here, but I'm not sure if he does all?

Thanks for your help

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

hockeydad2013
on 11/6/13 11:38 pm - Canada

I don't know cost or what is covered, but I will also be looking in about 2 or 3 years. I have known 3 women who have had boob jobs, and two of those tummy tucks after the birth of last child. All I can say is do your homework, and don't look at just costs. One who had boob job and tummy tuck hates the way it looks, The other loved the job her surgeon did and the last who had only boob job loved hers. The last two said they paid more that other surgeons quoted.

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/13 11:52 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You should be at a stable weight for between 6 months to 12 months before even having plastic surgery.  As for what may be covered by OHIP, there are only 2 procedures that can get coverage by OHIP if you meet their criteria.  One is breast reduction and the other is panniculectomy(removal of the apron skin only).  As for what the criteria is, I have no idea, plastic surgeons know what is eligible so always best to get a referral to one when your weight loss stops and they can let you know if they think you have a case to get it covered or not.  Arms and thighs are never covered so plan about $8k for each of those areas, prices vary greatly from surgeon to surgeon but I'd rather plan for more than not enough.  If you think you may want a tummy tuck then you would have to pay to upgrade to one if the panniculectomy was covered by OHIP and that is about $4k or more extra.

There are many surgeons in the GTA that people have used that will work with OHIP for coverage.  Many will not work with OHIP for tummies so you would likely want to see one of the ones that will work with OHIP.  Dr. Nandagopal, Dr. Kreidstein, Dr. Musgrave all all names that people on here have gone to and have had some OHIP coverage.  There is Dr. Khanna in Mississauga as well that will work with OHIP.  All that could change in the next two years but as of right now those are some of the names that work with OHIP.

Most Active
Recent Topics