Almost 5months

Robin V.
on 11/6/13 8:34 pm
Well on Sunday it'll be my 5 month anniversary. I'm doing ok still have tons of food intolerances but I'm good. Biggest issue, I've not lost a thing all month and even the month before. Can my body be done losing at 65 lbs? Any help or words of encouragement are needed. Thanks OH friends.

Robin 

Referral June 2012.   Orientation August 2012.   Nurse January 2013.    Sleep Study January 2013.  Abdominal Ultrasound February 2013.  Beh/Nut February 2013.   GI Scope April 2013.     Nut Class May 2013.      Met Surgeon May 2013.     Surgery June 2013

Chelsea1
on 11/6/13 8:49 pm - Canada
Can you post what you are eating and the exercises that you're doing?

It could be a number of different reasons.

Jessica S.
on 11/6/13 9:25 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I seriously don't think so but I am no expert, but I read lots of people writting long stalls, i am 7 months out and stuck for over a month now too, apparently I am not done loosing but scares me. I think my problem is not eating enough and not getting enough water and protein. How is your eating?

DeidreB
on 11/6/13 10:11 pm

Congratulations on how well you've done so far.  65 lbs in 5 months is better than any other weight loss option and you actually lost it in 3 months!!  Good for you for posting.

I'm only 3 months, so not really in a position to advise someone at 5 months...

Logging food on my fitness pal so you have an idea of calories/fat/carbs/protein and ratios.  Perhaps, contacting the dietician at your centre and have them review a few weeks of food diary.  Perhaps switching up your activity - if not doing much, then starting to sweat 5-7 days a week.  If active, trying a different activity for cardio and/or getting a trainer or a weight lifting program (more muscle burns more calories all day long). Other things like not eating after 8 pm as metabolism slows as we get ready for sleep  Switching to lower sugar/fat options i.e. changing to 1% or skim milk.

I understand that as malabsorption slows down it actually reverses to hyperabsorption - the body is like WTF!!?? with the starvation thing. Also that a former morbidly obese person who gets to 150 lbs had to eat 20% fewer calories and a person who has been 150lbs all their adult life.  So we have to work harder than non-obese folks to lose and maintain or be satisfied with what we have been able to achieve.  

Know that you've lost the 10-15% required to significantly reduce the morbidities related to morbid obesity.  More loss doesn't actually amount to much healthwise and is often more about appearance and unrealistic expectations.  (Let's see if I can take my own advise when the time comes for me).

All the best,

Deidre

Robin V.
on 11/7/13 5:39 am
thank you!

Robin 

Referral June 2012.   Orientation August 2012.   Nurse January 2013.    Sleep Study January 2013.  Abdominal Ultrasound February 2013.  Beh/Nut February 2013.   GI Scope April 2013.     Nut Class May 2013.      Met Surgeon May 2013.     Surgery June 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics