Holy Freaking CrabbyDay

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/10/13 12:19 pm - Canada

Today I'm having a very low tolerance for everything! Even the dog is under my skin. My partner has been so good, managing everything, running to the store for the million required items, and on and on....

We're sitting at the dining room table tonight, she had some chinese food, then started eating a pomegranet, I couldn't stand hearing the little fruit bits being chewed.....had a little meltdown, then another when she asked if she should go eat it in the car!

I just want to have no cramping from being constipated, I just want to have my total energy back, I just want to crunch something!

That's my rant, one week post op tomorrow.

Thanks for listening

Terri

gwynnkitty
on 11/10/13 12:24 pm - North York, Canada

Hang in there, lady! It's going to get better a bit every day, I promise! ((HUGS))

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

Zizzler
on 11/10/13 12:30 pm

From the posts I've read this is so normal after surgery. Upsetting but normal. Try to remember that feeling this way is temporary and it will get better with time. I'm sure your partner and your dog will understand that you are not feeling like yourself right now, it is to be expected.  Can you crunch a frozen popsicle or some ice to help with that craving.  Sorry if this is not helpful but its all I can think of to help.  Just try to be patient and gentle with yourself and it will get better.  Take care.

Katie M.
on 11/10/13 8:50 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13
Oh man, I remember this part well. As Gwynn said it really does get easier!! Think of all the hormones that were stored in the fat you're losing right now, it's all escaping in to your system - so it's no wonder we go a bit offside during the first week or two. The closer I got to being able to have purees, the better I felt. Hang in there!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Patm
on 11/10/13 10:33 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Besides having just had major surgery which can upset anyone you are loosing weight. As you lose hormones that have been stored in the fat let loose. This can play havoc with our moods. Hang in there. If you feel up to it go for a short walk to clear the cobwebs a little. Good luck

nmcgreen
on 11/11/13 12:37 am - Canada

I remember totally blowing up at my husband at that point. Thankfully it seems funny now!

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

EternalEx
on 11/11/13 1:48 am - Canada
Think we all have had these times. I totally underestimated the emotional toll surgery would have. I had more than one meltdowns. The first month post-op totally sucks, no question about it. The good news is - it does get so much better! It will pass and you will feel, not just normal, but amazing. Just tell hubby to hold on tight, you'll get there.
Hennagirliegirl
on 11/11/13 3:09 am - Canada

Thanks everyone, today Is a whole new day!

angryTerri

Most Active
Recent Topics