Oh so sweet

kathycantwait
on 11/11/13 2:15 am - Canada
So I have been on Opti for about 2 1/2 weeks, surgery is this Friday and all of a sudden everything tastes really sweet. SF popsicles, SF jello anything I drink is grossly sweet is this normal?

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/11/13 2:52 am - Canada

OMG, immediately post op everything tasted yukky sweet to me.......each liquid supplement is difficult to choke down.  I so look forward to being able to switch over to pills/capsules

You must be so excited....friday is your day!

Terri

roxytrim
on 11/11/13 2:55 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Yep, I found that.  It was really  obvious when I came home after surgery.  At the hospital the grewl they give you all tastes the same, sweet, the liquid meds are sweet, yuckie.  Then you you get home you need to continue some of these meds, the bariatric chewable vits are the worst but then it not about taste is it?  Its all about moving on past this phase.

ALOA2013
on 11/11/13 10:07 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Kathy,

I also have surgery on Friday (at TWH at 9am) and also feel the exact same way that EVERYTHING is so sweet and its just not normal.  And before I stated Opti on Nov 1st I loved all things sweet, chocolate, candy, cakes was my thing and now I find Opti almost unbearably sweet and I have two more days and I am struggling through it. I have this constant sweet taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of, I brush my teeth, drink a ton of ice water and herbal tea and its still there. I stopped my SF Jello and SF popsicles because it is all just to sweet for me too.  I wish you luck for the next two days and all the best for Surgery on Friday.

Take care,

Leslie

Height 5' 5" HW: 244  SW: 226  CW: 128    

Most Active
Recent Topics